The European Investment Bank is the first issuer to link its individual green bonds to the projects they finance in a second move to respond to the call from world leaders to scale up finance for projects related to climate change.
BOEM has released a finding of no significant impact for commercial wind lease issuance on the Atlantic OCS offshore North Carolina.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $500 million loan program that the bank said will boost efforts by the government of Indonesia to scale up renewable energy through price incentives for geothermal, biomass and small hydropower, and set up an energy efficiency marketplace, according to an Oct. 2 ADB statement.
September 16 was a big day at Younicos this year, as it marked the one-year anniversary of the commissioning of Europe’s first commercial battery park in Schwerin. The mood among the political and energy industry leaders who gathered to mark the occasion in this picturesque Northern German town was upbeat: The 5-megawatt system, designed and delivered by Younicos, had exceeded revenue forecasts in its first year of operation. It had not only won every weekly auction for primary frequency regulation it had bid into, it also achieved an impressive average price of €3,810 per megawatt. And the outlook is even more gratifying: By the end of August, the revenue target for the 2015 calendar year had already been reached.
A meeting of Group of Twenty energy ministers in Istanbul earlier this month affirmed a collective belief in renewable energy -- including hydroelectric power -- amongst the major economies that constitute the international forum.
- Better Plants Program Manufacturers Save More Than $2 Billion in Energy Costs
- DOI to Auction 344,000 Acres Offshore New Jersey for Wind Energy Development
- How to Win an Energy Department Solar Decathlon
- Showcasing U.S. Clean Energy Manufacturing Growth Powered by New Innovation Models
- Energy Department Announces $70 Million for Innovation Institute on Smart Manufacturing
- Energy Department Offers Energy Technical Assistance to Native American Communities
- Energy Department Announces $5 Million for Energy Planning in 11 States
- Energy Department Evaluates the Weatherization Assistance Program
- Energy Department Unveils Roadmap to Double U.S. Energy Productivity by 2030
- Energy Department to Invest $102 Million in Solar Energy
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $55 Million to Advance Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Energy Department Awards $1.8 Million to Develop Wind Turbine Blades
- Energy Department Awards $22 Million to Support Next-Generation Electric Machines for Manufacturing
- Energy Department Releases the Second Quadrennial Technology Review
- Energy Department Announces $11 Million to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Use in Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- News story: Tackling poor customer service in the energy sector
- News story: Finance boost to help protect developing countries from climate change
- Press release: Prime Minister urges fellow leaders to back climate change deal
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - September 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 24 September 2015
- News story: EU agrees next steps to tackling climate change
- News story: New gas power station approved in Lincolnshire
- News story: Planning decision for Navitus Bay offshore wind park
- News story: Further action taken to prevent energy bills rising
- News story: Planning decisions for six Powys, Mid-Wales infrastructure projects
- News story: Residents across England win share of £25 million to warm their homes
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- News story: Faster decision making on shale gas for economic growth and energy security
- News story: Minister of State visits Doe Green IGas site
- EIB Links Green Bonds to Projects in Second Push for Climate
- BOEM Greenlights Offshore Wind for North Carolina
- Geothermal, Biomass in Indonesia to Benefit from $500M Loan Program
- Are German Transmission System Operators Against Energy Storage?
- Hydroelectric power, other renewables emphasized at G20 summit