Suzlon Energy Ltd. had its sharpest five-day plunge in 16 months this week, reviving concerns the wind-turbine maker behind India’s biggest corporate default may again face difficulty with its debts.
China, the world’s largest consumer of energy, surpassed Germany as the country with the most installed solar capacity after record additions last year.
The Natural Resources Defense Council on Feb. 4 urged the U.S. Supreme Court to deny a request by various constituents, including over two dozen states, to block President Barack Obama's Clean Power Plan, saying that assertions of irreparable harm have no substance.
As a carbon-neutral energy source, biomass technology is helping organizations generate electricity and heat while reducing their carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emissions.
Russia’s procurement to distribute clean energy capacity through 2016-2019 was dominated by concerns over the troubled Russian economy and the fallout for the development of renewable energy projects.
German energy storage manufacturer sonnen said on Feb. 4 that its sonnenBatterie now is available to residents in Hawaii.
The U.K. Green Investment Bank Offshore Wind Fund and funds managed by BlackRock Inc. acquired GLID Wind Farms TopCo Ltd. from Centrica Plc and EIG Global Energy Partners LLC for 423 million pounds ($615 million).
A new algae raceway testing facility at Sandia National Laboratories is helping researchers bring the promise of algal biofuels closer to reality.
Against the rapidly evolving landscape of renewable energy, hydropower remains the world’s primary source of clean energy — providing over 80 percent of renewable energy capacity, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).
There is a far-reaching transformation underway in the electricity industry. The electric grid that has powered our lives for more than a century is undergoing major changes, in response both to technological advancements and the consumer demand these new technologies have unleashed. In short: the grid is modernizing and it’s happening all across the country.
- Energy Department Invests in Clean Energy at Federal Facilities
- Teaming Up to Apply Advanced Manufacturing Methods to Wind Turbine Production
- NASA, NOAA Find 2014 Warmest Year in Modern Record
- 3 Reasons Why Advanced Manufacturing Institutes Matter
- Energy Department Announces $58 Million for Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Technologies
- Energy Department Announces 16 Collegiate Teams to Compete in Solar Decathlon 2017
- New York State Launches $5 Billion Clean Energy Fund
- The Year of the Fuel Cell: Looking Back to Get Ahead
- State RPS Yielded $7.4 Billion in Benefits in 2013
- USDA Awards $46 Million to Boost Energy Efficiency in Vermont
- NASA Research Could Save Airlines Billions of Dollars
- EERE Success: Highlighting the Positive Impacts of EERE in 2015
- Energy Department Awards $10.5 Million for Next-Generation Marine Energy Systems
- Energy Department Announces Largest Energy Efficiency Standard in History
- EPA Reports: Automakers Beat Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Third Straight Year
- News story: Getting smart with your energy
- News story: World’s largest offshore wind farm to be built in the UK
- Press release: PM announces further boost for UK oil and gas industry
- Press release: UK government confirms £250 million City Deal for Aberdeen
- News story: Transitional arrangements auction closes
- News story: What the Government is doing to secure investment in clean, secure and affordable energy
- News story: Transitional arrangements auction launches
- News story: Gas and Electricity Markets Authority Appointments
- News story: Consent approved for the Hinkley Point C connection project
- News story: Consultation to encourage innovation
- News story: New board member appointed to Coal Authority
- Press release: Winter 2015 floods: PM chairs COBR meeting
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 22 December 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - December 2015
- News story: Sir Andrew Mathews appointed as Chairman of NNL
- Wind-turbine Maker Suzlon's Worst Slump Since 2014 Revives Debt Concern
- China Outstrips Germany in Solar Capacity After Record Additions
- Clean Power Plan Backers Urge Supreme Court Not to Stay Plan Implementation
- Financing Sustainable Business with Biomass Technology
- Troubled Economy Dominates Russia Distributed Clean Energy Procurement for 2016-2019