PG&E Corp.’s plan to shut California’s last nuclear power plant by 2025 would cost $15 billion if all its output is replaced with solar-generated electricity at current prices, according to Bloomberg Intelligence analysts.
Offshore wind turbine provider Adwen and blade provider LM Wind Power have unveiled what they say is the longest wind turbine blade in the world.
The tiny East African countries of Rwanda, Djibouti and the Union of Comoros have joined the African league of geothermal power producers, in a field still dominated by Kenya after applying and getting funding to commence surface studies and drilling operations from the US$ 115 Geothermal Risk Mitigation Facility fund, which is administered by the African Union.
Ahmad Chatila, chief executive officer of bankrupt clean-energy giant SunEdison Inc., has resigned. His last day was Wednesday.
The 100-MW Quaid-e-Azam Solar Power Plant, at Bahawalpur, was the first grid-connected IPP that was installed in 2015 and has been operational since August 2015, exceeding expectations and demands by NEPRA in terms of producing energy, GWhs, for the months with optimal solar irradiance and temperatures.
London’s newly-redeveloped South Bank Tower will harness the power of the sun to light up its 193 luxury apartments, shops, restaurants and bars after a solar array was installed on the roof.
AES Corp. is planning to expand into large-scale wind and solar energy in Brazil to boost its generating capacity in the country.
In early 2016, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) installed a large wind turbine at their headquarters in central England. The 100-meter (330-foot) tall turbine was installed at the Society’s headquarters in Sandy midway between Milton Keynes and Cambridge.
Vermont utility Green Mountain Power opened its 63-MW Kingdom Community Wind project to visitors this spring to give people the opportunity to see first-hand the results of nearly seven years of planning and construction.
Considering its relatively small size, the solar industry has always had too many conferences. Most conferences are highly subjective and trend driven.
Tesla Motors Inc.’s offer to buy SolarCity Corp. would combine two already deeply linked companies to offer clean energy enthusiasts a one-stop shop.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Speech: Government’s vision for shale gas in securing home grown energy supplies for the UK
- News story: Greater security for North Sea Oil and Gas as Energy Bill becomes law
- Press release: New Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- News story: Head of Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons announced
- News story: Securing the UK’s electricity supply
- Speech: Realising the vision for a new fleet of nuclear power stations
- Speech: HM Treasury analysis on the EU referendum: George Osborne's speech
- News story: Amber Rudd statement on the death of Sir David MacKay
- Press release: UK, US and EU sign landmark deal to turn nuclear material into cancer-fighting treatment
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2016
- Press release: Electric shock of Brexit could see UK energy costs rocket by half a billion pounds
- Speech: Amber Rudd’s speech on the energy benefits of staying in the EU
- News story: 5 reasons why we are backing Hinkley Point C
- News story: Biggest ever investigation into energy market builds on what government is doing to keep bills down
- News story: New Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Defence
- Cost to Replace California Nuclear With Solar: $15 Billion
- World’s Longest Wind Turbine Blade Unveiled in Denmark
- More African Countries Embrace Geothermal Power, Receive $37M in Funding
- SunEdison CEO Chatila Resigns From Bankrupt Renewables Giant
- The 100-MW Quaid-e-Azam Solar Power Plant Re-vamp — Earning Millions