Workers recently assembled components of the reactor vessel at the Watts Bar 2 completion project . The Tennessee Valley Authority documented the delicate process in the videos below: (Please visit the site to view this video) (Time-lapse:) (Please visit the site to view this video)(read more)
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission will end a moratorium on power reactor licensing decisions after meeting the requirements of a 2012 appeals court ruling regarding the storage of spent fuel at decommissioned nuclear plants. The court found that the NRC had not properly assessed the environmental impacts...(read more)
DENMARK: Dong Energy saw earnings from its wind activities increase in the first half despite a drop in revenues and generation.
MEXICO: Envision has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Banco Interacciones to develop wind projects in Mexico.
RUSSIA: Goldwind is seeking to estabish turbine and blade manufacturing facilities in Russia, according to a statement from the company.
The Energy Department announced $17.6 million in funding for 14 cooperative agreements with small businesses and institutions of higher education to develop and deploy efficient and environmentally friendly highway transportation technologies.
Eight Energy Department national laboratories will collaborate with the National Center for Atmospheric Research and other partners in the Accelerated Climate Modeling for Energy (ACME) project, a new effort funded by the Energy Department's Office of Science to address the most challenging and demanding climate change issues.
The U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) held the nation’s third competitive lease sale for potential wind energy development in federal waters with an offering of nearly 80,000 acres offshore Maryland.
A new study from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) found that that the savings on health care spending and other costs related to illness can potentially offset the costs of cutting harmful emissions from sources such as power plants and vehicles.
With support from the Energy Department, Ford and Magna International teamed up to explore different weight- reduction options and how those options can work together to increase a vehicle’s gas mileage.
BRAZIL: GE has installed 600MW in Brazil first half of 2014, taking its overall contribution to 1GW out of 5GW.
Windpower Monthly is reporting from Brazil Windpower 2014 conference in Rio de Janeiro. If you are at the event, visit Windpower Monthly at stand 157.
- Energy Department Announces $17 Million to Advance Highway Transportation Technologies
- Eight National Labs Collaborating on New Climate Change Project
- DOI Auctions 80,000 Acres Offshore Maryland for Wind Energy Development
- MIT Study: Cutting Greenhouse Gas Emissions Could Pay for Itself
- Road to Fuel Savings: Ford, Magna Partnership Helps Vehicles Shed the Pounds
- Energy Department Invests More Than $55 Million to Advance Efficient Vehicle Technologies
- Energy Department Reports Highlight Strength of U.S. Wind Energy Industry
- DOI Defines North Carolina Offshore Wind Energy Areas for Potential Development
- Energy Department Trains Veterans in Advanced Manufacturing
- Farm to Fly 2.0: Energy Department Joins Initiative to Bring Biofuels to the Skies
- Energy Department Announces $18 Million for Projects to Advance Geothermal Energy
- New Jersey Offshore Wind Firm Highlights Energy Department Grant
- EcoCAR 3 Kicks Off in September
- Energy Department Increases Access to Energy-Department-Funded Scientific Research
- New National Clean Fleets Partners Build New Roads to Sustainability
- Government response: Response to Sunday Times article on value of homes in areas of shale extraction
- Government response: Response to Sunday Telegraph coverage of constraint payments report
- Press release: Nick Clegg meets Prime Minister Modi in New Delhi
- Press release: Deputy Prime Minister leads first trade delegation to meet new Indian government
- News story: Nick Clegg: India visit
- Press release: World’s biggest tidal array to bring energy and jobs boost to North Scotland
- Government response: Response to Daily Record article on UK oil and gas reserves
- Press release: Regions given helping hand to develop locally sourced heat
- Press release: Government publishes CCS scoping document
- Press release: Small energy suppliers the winner from increased switching
- Press release: Plans for tough new energy market manipulation penalties
- News story: NMO enforcement authority annual report 2013-14
- News story: Radical reforms to electricity market pass into law
- News story: Edward Davey statement on annual energy statistics
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 31 July 2014