Connecting new housing estates to their own private electricity grids fuelled by renewable energy is the cornerstone of ZEN Energy’s plan to put power back in the hands of consumers.
Austin, Texas-based Thermal Energy Partners recently signed a PPA worth about $800 million for the first of four planned geothermal projects in the Caribbean.
Southern Illinois University (SIU) Carbondale recently received a $50,000 GeoAlliance grant to help fund the installation of a highly energy efficient and environmentally friendly geothermal heat pump heating and cooling system for a portion of the Transportation Education Center.
Wind farm owners representing 12 percent of global turbine assets have founded a new peer-to-peer online platform, called o2o Wind, dedicated to the exchange of knowledge and experience on operation and maintenance issues.
Industrial countries and the United Nations are shining a bit more light on how a key pledge to boost climate-related finance will reach $100 billion by 2020.
The U.S. on Monday ordered a slight increase in the level of renewable fuels that must be blended with gasoline, and neither biofuel nor oil producers seem particularly happy about it.
Plans have been revealed for a new geothermal on-site heat and power project to be located at the UK’s Eden project in Cornwall.
In mature economies such as the United States, “going solar” can enable individuals and even neighborhoods to lessen dependence on the grid. The motive may be independence, energy reliability, renewable integration, environmental concerns, relief on one’s utility bills, or a mix of these drivers.
Chennai, India-based solar rooftop installer SolarTown Energy Solutions recently said it has installed solar rooftop systems with energy storage capabilities at an initial 10 branches of RBL Bank, a private sector bank in India with more than 180 locations.
Joining global leaders at the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) 21st Conference of the Parties (COP 21) in Paris today, U.S. President Barack Obama praised hosts of the conference for their decision to move forward with the event after the Nov. 13 attacks in Paris.
The German government backtracked on plans to let subsidies for solar batteries expire at the end of the year after cross-party protests.
- Energy Department Report: U.S. Clean Energy Technologies Accelerating
- Energy Department Launches New Initiative to Help Cities, States Advance Building Efficiency
- ACORE Releases its 2015
- STEM Middle School Mentoring Cafés Take It on the Road
- ENN on Holiday Hiatus for Thanksgiving Next Week
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program Evaluation Results Released
- Energy Department, DOI to Help Indian Tribes Develop Energy Resources
- Interior Department Leases 344,000 Acres Offshore New Jersey for Wind Energy
- 2016 Fuel Economy Guide Highlights Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- Energy Department Recognizes Arby’s Restaurant Group for Energy Performance
- Report: America’s Electric Grid Becoming Stronger
- 'Little Box Challenge' Inverters Arrive at NREL
- Win-Win Opportunities at the Sixth Annual U.S.-China Energy Efficiency Forum
- Energy Department Recognizes California County in Better Buildings Challenge
- USDA Funds 1,100 Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects Nationwide
- Speech: PM speech to the COP21 summit in Paris
- News story: UK joins new international clean energy initiative
- Statement to Parliament: Haulage: road tank vehicle compliance 2015
- Press release: PM announces support for small island developing states to tackle climate change
- News story: #BackClimateAction tweetathon 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 26 November 2015
- Press release: Department of Energy and Climate Change's settlement at the Spending Review 2015
- News story: Paris climate talks explained
- Statement to Parliament: Priorities for UK energy and climate change policy
- Speech: Amber Rudd's speech on a new direction for UK energy policy
- News story: DECC sets out strategy for UK Continental Shelf
- Press release: New direction for UK energy policy
- News story: Government announces plans to close coal power stations by 2025
- Speech: Joint press conference: David Cameron and Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Press release: UK-India partnership on energy and climate change agreed
- Are Private Electricity Grids Fuelled by Renewable Energy the Future for Communities?
- Thermal Energy Partners Secures PPA for First of Four Caribbean Geothermal Projects
- SIU Carbondale Receives $50K Geothermal Heat-Pump System Grant
- Wind Turbine Owners Establish Global Peer-to-Peer Platform to Solve O&M Issues Collaboratively
- Climate Finance Programs Reap $41 Billion in Pledges in Paris