Share Your Insight. Submit an abstract to speak at Renewable Energy World North America. Deadline is March 13th. Click here to submit.
India plans to quadruple its renewable power capacity to 175 gigawatts by 2022 as part of the government’s plan to supply electricity to every household, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said Saturday.
Public Service Co. of New Mexico parent PNM Resources (NYSE: PNM) said in its Feb. 27 annual Form 10-K report that its utility subsidiary is gradually adding more renewable energy to its portfolio.
Last week there was a Fast Food industry fly-in to DC — arguing for a repeal of the Renewable Fuel Standard on the grounds of food price impact. Politico reports:
China’s polysilicon imports via ports in Shandong province amounted to 2,883 tons for the first 11 months of 2014, an increase of 73.6 percent over the same period of 2013, according to data from Jinan Customs. These imports were valued at 440 million yuan (approx. US$70.4 million), up 89 percent from a year earlier, while the average import price was 154.7 yuan (approx. US$24.8) per kilogram, up 8.8 percent.
Power industry regulators around the world are increasingly coming to realize the multiple benefits and advantages of intelligent energy storage solutions. As Navigant highlights in the Q1 2015 edition of its Energy Storage Tracker, new regulatory mandates in the U.S., Europe and across Asia-Pacific were key factors that made 2014 “a major year for the global energy storage industry.”
The first round of the Contracts for Difference (CfD) programme — the UK scheme that is designed to support low-carbon generation and a capacity margin in the energy sector — has concluded. Contracts were offered to 27 renewable electricity projects with a total value of some £315 million (US$500 million), which include two offshore wind farms with a total planned capacity of more than 1.1 GW, 15 onshore wind projects and five solar projects. In total, more 2 GW of new low-carbon capacity (including renewables, nuclear and carbon capture and storage) could be built under the CfD scheme.
Iberdrola SA, Spain’s largest electricity company, agreed to buy UIL Holdings Corp. in a deal valued at about $3 billion in cash and shares to create a U.S. utility with about 3.1 million customers.
A June 2014 study by Ceres highlighted the top electric utilities for renewable energy and efficiency. In an article discussing the findings, Utility Dive suggested that there are “wide disparities […] in the extent to which electric utilities currently deliver renewable energy and energy efficiency.” To find the source of these disparities, look n
The U.S. Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) played crucial roles in the technology that has led companies DuPont, POET, and Abengoa to open commercial-scale facilities to turn biomass into clean transportation fuels.
- Report: Energy Department's Loan Guarantees Launched Utility-scale PV Solar
- Energy Department, Arizona Transmission Infrastructure Project Energized
- Three Military Bases Partner with Energy Department to Train Veterans for Solar Jobs
- USDA Announces Funding for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- Federal Government’s Energy Consumption Lowest in Almost 40 Years
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Help Communities Go Solar
- DOI 'Flips the Switch' on California Solar Farm
- New Incubator Launches Network to Help Clean-Energy Entrepreneurs
- No Roof, No Problem: Shared Solar Programs Make Solar Possible For You
- Energy Department to Make $59 Million Investment in Solar Energy
- Twenty New Partners Join the Better Buildings Challenge
- DOI Leases Area Offshore Massachusetts for Wind Energy Development
- Super Bowl Draws on Renewable Energy to Light the Field with LEDs
- U.S. Solar Manufacturing Rising on the Horizon
- Energy Department Announces $55 Million to Advance Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- News story: Secretary of State’s decision on RWE Letter One transaction
- Press release: UK energy statistics: 2014 provisional data
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 February 2015
- Press release: World-leading auctions to provide major green electricity boost
- Press release: Government invests £25 million in game-changing green technologies
- Press release: New North Sea regulator issues urgent call to action
- News story: Joint Ministerial Statement on EU Emissions Trading System reform
- News story: #BackClimateAction image competition
- Press release: Hundreds of jobs could be created in Yorkshire and Humberside by a major wind farm
- Press release: Switch to save - £2.7 billion up for grabs by switching energy supplier
- News story: Nicola Hodson appointed to Gas and Electricity Markets Authority
- News story: Infrastructure Act will get Britain building
- Speech: Keynote speech at Cleantech Innovate London showcase event
- News story: GDHIF release 1 vouchers to be extended to 31 March 2015
- Press release: Environment Agency grants shale gas permit for Roseacre Wood
- Share Your Insight. Submit an abstract to speak at Renewable Energy World North America. Deadline is March 13th. Click here to submit.
- India to Quadruple Renewable Capacity to 175 Gigawatts by 2022
- New Mexico Utility Adding Wind, Solar and Geothermal to Its Power Mix
- The Food Waste Debacle
- China’s Polysilicon Imports Surged in Late 2014
- Goldwind launches the GW121 for low wind applications
- Greensolver launches blade inspection service
- France-Spain electrical interconnection officially inaugurated and operating
- Honeywell Safety Products announces 2015 Miller Fall Prevention & Protection Training courses
- Eiffel Tower installs UGE wind turbines as part of monumental retrofit