Today the Obama administration issued an executive order re-establishing one of the proclamations from the climate change plans it issued this summer: significantly boosting the U.S. federal government's support of renewable energy to supply 20 percent of its energy consumption by 2020.
Today, the EPA has scheduled a day of testimony on its proposed 2014 Renewable Fuel volume targets — and a proposed 40 percent slash in the advanced biofuels category to 2.2 billion (ethanol equivalent) gallons, from the original Congress-set target of 3.75 billion gallons.
A 9.5-MW power station that will be fired using coconut waste is to be developed in Thailand. Under the terms of a deal recently inked between biomass and waste-to-energy provider DP Cleantech and the Mahachai Green Power project, the company will develop a high pressure, high temperature plant on an EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) basis.
SolarCity Corp., the second largest U.S. solar company by market value, is offering power-storage systems to commercial customers that will reduce utility bills and provide electricity during blackouts.
This weekend I ate brunch at a local diner named “Rudy’s.” Clearly, Rudy was the owner, but I had no idea what he looked like. Then I saw that everyone on staff was wearing a T-shirt that said, “I’m Rudy.” Rudy’s T-shirts were of course referencing Spartacus. For those who don’t know that classic Stanley Kubrick movie based on history, it’s about a
A recent report from the Pecan Street Research Institute started a chain of articles with increasingly inaccurate conclusions.
Many see energy storage as the holy grail for renewable energy integration. We think it's important enough that we recently added a new technology category to our site to track this topic. We see a lot of headlines related to energy storage cross our desks; here's a sampling from the past few days.
- Annual Fuel Economy Guide with 2014 Models Released
- Better Buildings Challenge Expands to Multifamily Housing
- Energy Department Awards $4 Million for State Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Data Book Details Growing Industry in 2012
- Small Company Makes Big Changes to Boost Clean Energy Economy
- Energy Department Offers $19 Million to Reduce PV Costs, Increase Efficiency
- ARPA-E Offers $30 Million for Distributed Generation Technologies
- South Carolina Opens Nation’s Largest Wind Drivetrain Testing Facility
- Two Companies Recognized for Leadership in Energy Efficiency
- Reducing LED Costs Through Innovation
- Energy Department Invests More Than $7 Million to Deploy Tribal Clean Energy
- Renewable Energy to be Half of Global Generation Increase to 2035: IEA
- USDA Invests in Research to Convert Beetle-Killed Trees into Renewable Energy
- DOI Approves New High-Voltage Transmission Line in Wyoming and Idaho
- Lighting the Way for Big Energy Savings in Los Angeles
- Speech: Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- News story: UK and Romania joint statement on Green Growth
- Statement to Parliament: Electricity Market Reform update: investment in renewables
- Press release: Record investments of £40 billion in renewable electricity to bring green jobs and growth to the UK
- Statement to Parliament: Increased support for renewable heat
- Statement to Parliament: Government action on energy bills
- News story: Streamlining and improving the Green Deal
- Press release: Government action to help hardworking people with energy bills
- Statement to Parliament: Awards in the 27th offshore (oil & gas) licensing round after environmental assessments
- Press release: Energy minister awards record number of licences to UK independent oil exploration companies
- Speech: Speech to the Association of UK Independent Oil and Gas Exploration Companies (BRINDEX)
- Speech: Speech on the economics of future energy supply options debate
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 November 2013
- Speech: Greg Barker at the Annual Heat Conference
- News story: Water UK and UKOOG Memorandum of Understanding on shale gas exploration and extraction
- First Wind uses Wind Iris Lidar to correct yaw error and improve energy production
- Seven ways floating turbines could solve offshore windpower conundrums
- Recent advances in arc-safe electrical distribution & control equipment
- Defining “electrical safety” could make windpower workplaces safer
- Windpower work around North America: December edition