R ussian nuclear power conglomerate Rosatom said its TVEL Fuel Company was ready to deliver fresh nuclear fuel to the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant in Iran. The fuel, prepared at Russia's Novosibirsk Chemical Concentrates Plant, is expected to be ready for a maintenance and refueling outage at the...(read more)
Two fisheries associations in Japan this week gave permission for the Tokyo Electric Power Company to dump treated water from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant disaster site into the ocean with the stipulations that contamination levels be within legal limits and that the utility company and...(read more)
UNITED STATES: Soil analysis testing has started at the 18MW Icebreaker offshore project in Lake Erie, Ohio.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 27 August 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
BRAZIL: Experts are warning profitability of wind projects is at risk after the latest round of power contracts averaged at just BRL181.14/MWh ($50.4/MWh).
INDIA: Vestas has been awarded a contract from Indian utility Powerica to supply turbines to a project in Gujarat, west India.
The Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, the United Nation's nuclear watchdog, told the agency's governing board Tuesday that it would need more than $10 million per year to monitor nuclear activity in Iran. The IAEA is charged with monitoring the international accord...(read more)
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy said it has orders from Japan for submersible, steam-powered pumps that operate during a power station power blackout. The Turbine Water Lubricated pumps are made by SPX manufacturing unit ClydeUnion Pumps, PowerEngineering reported The pumps are steam powered and are...(read more)
AUSTRALIA: Victoria's government has launched a renewable energy roadmap it hopes could create A$200 million ($143 million) of new investment.
UNITED STATES: EDF Renewable Energy has acquired mid-sized New York-based wind developer OwnEnergy.
The Energy Department announced more than one billion dollars in initiatives to drive innovation and accelerate the clean energy economy.
The Energy Department announced up to $9 million for the design of sustainable bioenergy systems that enhance the environmental and socio-economic sustainability of cellulosic bioenergy.
The U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) announced that the Bureau of Land Management has approved a 485- megawatt photovoltaic facility in Riverside County, California.
The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2015 project from Team NY Alfred in Alfred, New York, is being used to spread the word about renewable energy.
The global nuclear reactor construction market is expected to rise by 5.22 percent during the 2014-2019 period, announced analytic firm Research and Markets on Tuesday. The global value of the market rose by nearly $1.5 billion in from 2013 to 2014, climbing from $32.64 billion in 2013 to $34.13 billion...(read more)
The country's largest nuclear fleet operator Exelon said Monday that three of its nuclear plants, Oyster Creek, Quad Cities and Three Mile Island, did not clear in the PJM capacity auction for the 2018-19 planning year. The auction is held annually by grid operator PJM to ensure enough power generation...(read more)
CANADA: The Nova Scotia government in Canada has pulled the plug on a programme that encouraged the development of small-scale, community-based renewable-energy projects, despite strong demand from local residents wanting to invest in wind.
GERMANY: Energy ministers in nine of Germany's 16 states are concerned about the potential negative impact of the federal government's plan for a competitive auction system.
URUGUAY: Vestas has won a contract from project company Glymont SA to provide turbines for a site in Florida, southern Uruguay.
[UPDATED]The MOX plutonium conversion program at the unfinished federal facility at Savannah River, S.C., would cost about twice as much to complete and put into operation as diluting and disposing of the material at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant in New Mexico, says a leaked government report. The...(read more)
- $1 Billion in Energy Department Initiatives for Clean Energy Technologies
- Energy Department Awards Up to $9 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Systems
- DOI Approves 485-Megawatt Blythe Mesa Solar Project in California
- Team NY Alfred Creates a Model for Western New York State
- Energy Department Recognizes Arizona’s School District in Better Buildings Challenge
- ARPA-E Announces Five New Projects to Reduce Transportation Energy Use
- NREL Report Examines Energy Use in Cities and Proposes Next Steps for Energy Innovation
- Safer Access to Offshore Wind Turbine Platforms is Demonstrated
- Energy Department Reports Highlight Trends of Growing U.S. Wind Energy Industry
- Energy Department Awards $7.4 Million for Wave and Tidal Energy Systems
- USDA Invests $63 Million to Support Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- Team Orange County Sprouts Casa del Sol on Its Home Turf
- Energy Department to Fund Master’s and Doctoral Training in Power Electronics
- EIA: U.S. Electricity from Renewables to Grow 1.8% in 2015
- United States and China Agree to Second Solar Decathlon China
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- News story: Faster decision making on shale gas for economic growth and energy security
- News story: Minister of State visits Doe Green IGas site
- News story: Offshore wind farm gets the go ahead
- News story: Official response to provisional CMA report
- News story: Statistical press release: Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 30 July 2015
- Press release: New offshore oil and gas exploration licences awarded
- News story: Combatting climate change: a vital safety net for families and businesses
- Speech: Secretary of State speech on Climate Change
- Press release: Green Deal Finance Company funding to end
- News story: Two new gas power stations given green light
- Statement to Parliament: Levy Control Framework cost controls
- Press release: Controlling the cost of renewable energy