Jordanian power company Clean Energy Concepts (CEC) could benefit from Kenya’s ambitious multi-billion-dollar Konza Technology city, popularly known as the “Silicon Savannah,” located about 60 kilometres south of Nairobi, Africa.
Solar power will soon be the new standard for powering mining operations, says CEO of Lightsource Renewable Energy, Nick Boyle, adding that solar can lower the energy costs as well as provide stable power for mines.
Tesla Motors Inc. plans to introduce a new combination of solar power, battery storage and electric-vehicle charging systems at an event near San Francisco on Oct. 28.
Bangkok-based Thai Solar Energy Co. last week said that its board agreed to move forward with investments in three biomass projects in southern Thailand.
President Barack Obama’s plan to rein in carbon pollution from power plants has been a boon for at least one group: the legal profession.
Nearly two years after presidents Barack Obama and Raul Castro announced a thaw in relations, Cuba’s communist government is turning to foreign investors to boost renewable energy as it faces cutbacks in cheap oil imports from Venezuela.
In an interview with CNN, TV and radio personality Bill Nye "The Science Guy" responds to the devastating flooding in Louisiana this August by urging offshore oil and gas companies to use their equipment and expertise to build out the U.S. offshore wind industry that is just getting started in the country. By contrast Europe had 2,488 turbines installed and grid connected by January 2015 with 12 other projects under construction, according to the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA). Once those projects are connected to the grid there will be a cumulative total of 10.9 GW in 86 wind farms in 11 European countries. This could easily be replicated in the U.S. and serves as an excellent business opportunity for the offshore oil and gas industry.
Listen to the entire fascinating interview below or skip to 3.56 to hear his call for action.
Gulf Island Fabrication Inc. has for decades built hulking platforms to extract oil and natural gas from the seabed. With the collapse of offshore drilling, the company has turned to helping harvest another energy resource: wind.
One of the studies we might like to see is the turnover rate for new solar installation companies. Exactly how well can new solar contractors expect to do in today’s solar marketplace?
We’re in the midst of a bizarre presidential election. And a global energy transition driven by both economics and climate change. So where do Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton stand with their plans for our energy future?
A report published by the UK Energy and Climate Change Committee (ECCC) forecasts that “on its current course, the UK will fail to achieve its 2020 renewable energy targets.”
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Press release: Statement from Greg Clark, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- News story: DECC in the Media blog
- News story: Government announces Capacity Market auction parameters
- Government response: Committee on Climate Change report and government response on the compatibility of UK onshore petroleum with meeting the UK’s carbon budgets
- Press release: Opportunities identified for oil and gas sector workforce
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom speech to Utility Week Energy Summit
- Press release: Business Secretary to chair government group focused on business engagement following referendum
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - June 2016
- News story: Government’s ‘central heating for cities’ scheme to bring energy bills down
- Speech: Amber Rudd speech to the Business & Climate Summit