The 2013 annual fuel poverty report for England was released today.
CHINA: Goldwind has announced two new tower designs targeting low wind sites and locations requiring a hub height of over 120 metres.
UK: Spanish banking group Santander and two Canadian pension funds have launched Cubico, a renewable energy investment firm.
A comprehensive view of the latest statistical trends and analysis relating to fuel poverty in England in 2013.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 28 May 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
TURKEY: Local utility Bak Enerji Uretimi has awarded Vestas with an 83MW order to supply a project in central Turkey.
CHINA: Ming Yang has reported revenues of CNY 1.33 billion ($215.3 million) in Q1, buoyed by pro-wind legislation in China, the company has said.
Barring an unforeseen event, the next headline from Japan concerning its suspended nuclear power industry could be that the lights have been switched back on at the Sendai nuclear power plant operated by the Kyushu Electric Power Company. On Wednesday, the country’s Nuclear Regulation Authority...(read more)
The Tennessee Valley Authority’s Inspector General said that French nuclear engineering firm Areva over-billed the TVA by more than $1.2 million for assessment work at the unfinished Bellefonte Nuclear Power Plant in Hollywood, Alabama. Areva has already returned $607,637 to the TVA for over...(read more)
GERMANY: All 78 Siemens 4MW turbines at Dong Energy's 312MW Borkum Riffgrund 1 have been installed.
EUROPE: Recent updates from Vattenfall's Kentish Flats Extension in the UK and the Netherland's Eneco Luchterduinen site.
The Energy Department announced the release of "Enabling Wind Power Nationwide," a report showing how the United States can unlock the potential for wind energy deployment in all 50 states.
The Energy Department announced the five winners of the first round of the SunShot Catalyst prize competition, which were chosen out of 17 finalist start-ups that demonstrated their solar energy software solutions.
The tornado that hit Joplin, Missouri, on May 22, 2011, provided special motivation for the Crowder College and Drury University team’s U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2015 project.
Connecticut recently launched a statewide residential energy labeling program that will make energy efficiency labels ubiquitous across the state.
UK: Scottish Power Renewables' 714MW East Anglia One project could include a small test site, according to information released by the Department for Energy and Climate Change (Decc).
Two offline nuclear power plants in the northeast returned to service following the Memorial Day weekend after routine refueling and maintenance outages that cost a total of $160 million. Unit 2 of the PPL Corporation’s Susquehanna nuclear plant in Luzerne County, Pa. returned to active service...(read more)
The final report expected from the United Nations’ International Atomic Energy Agency on the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident that occurred in March 2011, says the three-reactor meltdown was due, in part, to the lack of a response to concerns that a tsunami event could hit the plant...(read more)
UK: Siemens will manufacture its 7MW offshore turbine for Mainstream Renewable Power's Neart Na Gaoithe, following publication of the project's supply chain plan.
UK: Dong Energy's 210MW Westermost Rough project has reached full output, less than two months after the final turbine was installed at the site.
- Energy Department Evaluates Potential for Wind Power in 50 States
- SunShot Announces Solar Start-Up Winners
- Crowder College and Drury University Aim to Withstand Tornadoes with ShelteR
- Connecticut Launches Nation’s First Statewide Home Energy Score Program
- Energy Department Announces Winners of Next-Generation Lighting Design Competition
- Energy Department Issues New Report on U.S. Hydropower
- Application Deadline for START Tribal Renewable Energy Projects Extended to May 22
- OptiBit Wins MIT Clean Energy Prize
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $10 Million for Efficient Lighting Development
- Energy Department Invests $4 Million to Strengthen Building America Industry Partnerships
- Energy Department Invests $6 Million to Increase Energy Efficiency of Public Buildings
- New York City College of Technology Finds Strength in Diversity for Its DURA Urban House
- Energy Department to Provide $75 Million for ‘Fuels from Sunlight’ Hub
- Energy Department Announces $10.5 Million for Next-Generation Marine Energy Systems
- Energy Department Announces Enhanced Geothermal Systems Project Selections
- News story: Fuel poverty report shows improvement
- News story: Fuel poverty, England 2013: statistical release
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 May 2015
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 30 April 2015
- News story: Secretary of State decision on LetterOne North Sea gas fields acquisition
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot