Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 11 hours 10 min ago
GERMANY: WindEurope CEO Giles Dickson and other board members dicuss the benefits of joining WindEurope at the summit taking place in Hamburg.
GERMANY: Executives from Sentient Science tell Windpower Monthly TV about the importance of digitalistaion and what they hope to get from WindEnergy Hamburg.
GERMANY: Vestas vice president of smart data and consultancy business Anders Hvashoj tells Windpower Monthly TV, in association with Sentient Science, how they are embracing digitalisation.
GERMANY: Windpower TV, in association with Sentient Science, asks delegates at the WindEurope members reception what they are expecting to get out of this week's event
GERMANY: WIndpower Monthly TV, in association with Sentient Science, speaks to the co-CEO of Romo Wind Jan Nikolaisen at the WindEnergy Hamburg event in Germany.
GERMANY: Enel Green Power CEO Francesco Venturini tells Windpower TV, in association with Sentient Science, about embracing digitalisation of wind.
GERMANY: Windpower TV, in association with Sentient Science, asks delegates at the WindEurope members reception what is exciting them most about wind in Europe.
GERMANY: Windpower TV, in association with Sentient Science, asks delegates at the WindEurope members reception what are the main challenges facing the European wind industry.
GERMANY: Windpower TV, in association with Sentient Science, asks delegates at the WindEurope members reception how they are embracing digitalisation in their organisations.
UK: Dong Energy's 90MW Burbo Bank has successfully completed tests that demonstrate its ability to provide frequency response to support the national grid network.
DENMARK: MHI Vestas has been named as the preferred supplier for the 252MW Deutsche Bucht offshore project in the German North Sea.
UNITED STATES: Illinois-based inspection and certification firm UL has acquired renewable energy consultants AWS Truepower for an undisclosed sum.
GERMANY: Economics has taken over from policy to drive change in the renewables sector, according to Nordex CEO Lars Bondo Krogsgaard.
GERMANY: The global wind industry is in Hamburg this week for the WindEnergy exhibition and WindEurope conference.
EUROPE: Europe has already lost its place as a renewables leader in areas such as new installations and policy and risks losing further ground, according to a report released by trade body WindEurope.
PAKISTAN: Thailand-based Modern Energy Management (MEM) is providing asset management advisory services on Pakistan's first utility-scale wind farms.
RUSSIA: Local authorities and private investors are planning to invest up to RUB 60 billion (€834 million) to build eight wind farms in the southwest Krasnodar region over several years.
GERMANY: Turbine manufacturer Nordex has signed a deal with aviation company Lufthansa Aerial Services (LAS) to provide drone inspection services.
UNITED STATES: Vestas has announced the first confirmed order for MidAmerican Energy's 2GW Wind XI project cluster in Iowa.
UNITED STATES: Dominion Virginia Power has shelved its 12MW offshore VOWTAP demonstration project, as well as longer term plans to develop as much as 2GW off the Virginia coast.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Press release: Statement from Greg Clark, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- News story: DECC in the Media blog
- News story: Government announces Capacity Market auction parameters
- Government response: Committee on Climate Change report and government response on the compatibility of UK onshore petroleum with meeting the UK’s carbon budgets
- Press release: Opportunities identified for oil and gas sector workforce
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom speech to Utility Week Energy Summit
- Press release: Business Secretary to chair government group focused on business engagement following referendum
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - June 2016
- News story: Government’s ‘central heating for cities’ scheme to bring energy bills down
- Speech: Amber Rudd speech to the Business & Climate Summit
- Studied To Death — Solar Customers Don't Harm Non-Solar Ratepayers
- Trial Begins for German Storage Facility Built with Used EV Batteries
- Spain Closes In on 50 Percent Renewable Power Generation
- US Presidential Debate: Hillary Advocates for Solar, Trump Criticizes Clean Energy Support
- Jordanian Firm May Benefit from Kenya’s ‘Silicon Savannah’