Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 8 hours 57 min ago
GERMANY: The 800MW DolWin1 grid connection has been commissioned by transmission operator Tennet and will serve the 200MW Trianel Windpark Borkum project.
GERMANY: German wind developer Volkswind has been acquired by Swiss energy firm Axpo Group.
BRAZIL: Spanish manufacturer achieves 60% local supply ability ahead of January 2016, and makes approved supplier list of national development bank BNDES.
UNITED STATES: The first foundation has been installed at the 30MW Block Island site off Rhode Island, the first at a commercial US offshore project.
UK: Gamesa 2MW turbines will be used by E.on and Energy Power Resources to repower the Ovenden Moor project in West Yorkshire, north England.
UNITED STATES: US Court of Appeal denied Sinovel's petition to block proceedings of a criminal case against the Chinese manufacturer over allegations it stole intellectual property from AMSC.
UK: Enercon-owned Wobben Properties has lost its UK patent infringement case against Siemens over use of a storm control system on its offshore turbines.
IRELAND/UK: A total of 52 Siemens 3MW turbines have been chosen for three projects in Ireland and Scotland.
JORDAN: The government has approved the construction of five wind power plant totalling 315MW.
EUROPE: Recent project updates from the Borkum West 2 in Germany, the Netherlands' Westermeerwind site, Nobelwind in Belgium and Dong's Burbo Bank Extension project in the UK.
UK: The project director of the 970MW Navitus Bay offshore project has stepped down from the role weeks before the final planning decision is announced.
FRANCE: Renewables will supply 40% of France's electricity demand in 2030, according to the energy transition law adopted by the French parliament.
FINLAND: Gearboxes are an important component of a wind turbine, but few people get to see inside.
FRANCE: Turbine manufacturer Vergnet will sell Sinovel turbines in France and the Caribbean, plus countries in the Pacific and Indian Ocean regions as the two companies sign a distribution agreement.
UK: EDP Renovaveis (EDPR) and Repsol will fully own one project each after agreeing to swap interests in Moray Firth and Inch Cape offshore projects in Scotland.
FRANCE: French renewable energy firm Voltalia has acquired a 379MW development portfolio in its home country from consortium Maia Eolis.
SPAIN: Developer Iberdrola has announced group earnings of €3.8 billion in the first half of 2015, up 5.7% from the same period last year, boosted by increased production at its West of Duddon Sands offshore project in the Irish Sea.
INDIA: Local developer Orange has awarded Spanish manufacturer Gamesa a 250MW deal to supply turbines to three projects in central and south east India.
UNITED STATES: The US Senate Finance Committee voted to extend the $0.023/kWh production tax credit (PTC) for wind energy, as part of a $95.2 billion collection of tax breaks.
UNITED STATES: IT firm HP has agreed a 12-year power purchase agreement with SunEdison to supply power to its data centres in Texas.
- Energy Department Awards $18 Million to Develop Algae Bioproducts and Biofuels
- Solar Decathlon 2015: Nation’s Leading Sustainable Home Design Competition on the Horizon
- Yale University Seeks an Open Approach in Y-House
- Meet a 91-Year-Old NREL Wind Energy Pioneer
- Innovative Wave Power Device Starts Producing Clean Power in Hawaii
- New National Labs Pilot Opens Doors to Small Businesses
- NREL Partnerships to Help the Grid Accommodate More Renewable Energy
- Record-Breaking Solar Flight Reaches Hawaii, Will Remain for Repairs
- Carbon Fiber Technology Facility Set To Scale Up Industry
- U.S. Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use by 60%
- New Analysis Center Releases First Report, Evaluates Opportunities in EV Battery Market
- Report: Global Renewable Energy Capacity Grows 8.5% in 2014
- Southeast Regional Summit to Convene Clean Energy Manufacturing Leaders on July 9
- ENN on Holiday Hiatus Next Week
- ARPA-E Announces 18 New Residential Heat and Bioenergy Crop Projects
- Press release: New offshore oil and gas exploration licences awarded
- News story: Combatting climate change: a vital safety net for families and businesses
- Speech: Secretary of State speech on Climate Change
- Press release: Green Deal Finance Company funding to end
- News story: Two new gas power stations given green light
- Statement to Parliament: Levy Control Framework cost controls
- Press release: Controlling the cost of renewable energy
- News story: Preesall underground gas storage facility receives planning consent
- News story: Government defines Protected Areas for shale developments
- News story: National Grid winter outlook report
- News story: Energy Bill to support energy security
- News story: Green Growth Group Statement: EU ETS Phase IV
- Government response: Secretary of State response to the CMA's provisional findings
- Statement to Parliament: Renewable Heat Incentive: Amendement regulations 2015
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom’s Speech to the Nuclear Industry Association