Wind Power Monthly
Wind Power News & Analysis RSS Feed
Updated: 7 hours 23 min ago
IRELAND: Mainstream Renewable Power has announced the launch of Mainstream Capital, a subsidiary designed to seek investment for wind and solar projects.
GERMANY: Indian turbine manufacturer PowerWind has applied for certification for its new 2.5MW turbine.
DENMARK: Vestas has transported the three 80 metre blades for its V164 turbine to the Danish national test centre in Østerild.
GERMANY: Repower has won a contract to supply turbines with a total capacity of 266MW to 24 community wind farms in Germany.
UK: The design for Wind Technologies' 5MW medium-speed drivetrain will be finalised in the first quarter of 2014, with the prototype to be completed by September.
DENMARK: Vestas is to supply turbines with a capacity of 59MW to developer Eolus for use on four wind farms in Sweden.
FRANCE: Credit Agricole has agreed to buy a 50% stake in a 440MW wind portfolio run by a GDF Suez subsidiary.
PORTUGAL: EDP Renovaveis (EDPR) is to sell 49% of its 40% stake in the Portuguese ENEOP wind consortium to China Three Gorges (CTG) as part of CTG's ongoing EUR 2 billion investment in EDPR's operations and projects.
CHINA: French energy company Areva has signed an agreement with China General Nuclear Power Corporation (CGN) to develop offshore wind power in China and Europe.
UNITED STATES: Two key wind energy tax incentives are ticking their way towards expiry in December with little fanfare from either industry or lawmakers, but observers expect the urgency to build through 2014 as the sector looks to Congress to ensure policy support continues.
IRELAND: A blade of a Gamesa G80 turbine has snapped and embedded itself in the ground at a wind farm in Ireland.
UNITED STATES: The US administration is to issue 30-year permits to wind farm operators to allow for the accidental killing of eagles on developments without fear of penalty.
IRELAND: Nordex has won an order from ESB International to install turbines with a capacity of 20MW at a wind farm in Ireland.
CHINA: Wind turbine manufacture China South Locomotive and Rolling Stock (CSR) won a 500MW order from China Huadian Corporation for projects in northern China.
FRANCE: French environment minister Philippe Martin has called on industrial and energy companies to submit "technical solutions and financial plans" for the development of floating wind energy in the mid-term.
VIETNAM: GE is to develop a new grid code for Vietnam in order to integrate up to 6GW of the country's burgeoning wind energy generation.
DENMARK: Former Dong Energy CEO Anders Eldrup has been appointed chairman of wind turbine testing body Lindoe Offshore Renewables Centre (LORC).
ROMANIA: Goldwind has installed its first turbine in Romania, as part of a 50MW deal with local developer Mireasa Energies.
UNITED STATES: President Barack Obama has ordered the federal government to almost triple its use of renewable energy by 2020, saying that the authorities must lead by example.
WORLDWIDE: In a move aimed at bringing power to energy-poor areas, Vestas is to establish hybrid wind and diesel power plants in developing countries after forming a joint venture with Abu Dhabi renewable energy company Masdar.
- Annual Fuel Economy Guide with 2014 Models Released
- Better Buildings Challenge Expands to Multifamily Housing
- Energy Department Awards $4 Million for State Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Data Book Details Growing Industry in 2012
- Small Company Makes Big Changes to Boost Clean Energy Economy
- Energy Department Offers $19 Million to Reduce PV Costs, Increase Efficiency
- ARPA-E Offers $30 Million for Distributed Generation Technologies
- South Carolina Opens Nation’s Largest Wind Drivetrain Testing Facility
- Two Companies Recognized for Leadership in Energy Efficiency
- Reducing LED Costs Through Innovation
- Energy Department Invests More Than $7 Million to Deploy Tribal Clean Energy
- Renewable Energy to be Half of Global Generation Increase to 2035: IEA
- USDA Invests in Research to Convert Beetle-Killed Trees into Renewable Energy
- DOI Approves New High-Voltage Transmission Line in Wyoming and Idaho
- Lighting the Way for Big Energy Savings in Los Angeles
- Speech: UK new nuclear – 2013 successes and beyond
- Speech: EDF Hinkley Point C Supply Chain Conference Keynote Address
- News story: £3 million boost for energy storage innovation
- News story: Improving non-domestic RHI: Have your say
- Statement to Parliament: Clean energy infrastructure
- News story: Drax and the White Rose CCS Project
- Press release: Cleaner, greener future for British coal plants
- Speech: Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- News story: UK and Romania joint statement on Green Growth
- Statement to Parliament: Electricity Market Reform update: investment in renewables
- Press release: Record investments of £40 billion in renewable electricity to bring green jobs and growth to the UK
- Statement to Parliament: Increased support for renewable heat
- Statement to Parliament: Government action on energy bills
- News story: Streamlining and improving the Green Deal
- Press release: Government action to help hardworking people with energy bills
- US Solar Industry Records Explosive Growth in Third Quarter
- Asia Report: Revisiting Japan's Solar Demand, and Nuclear Comeback
- Solar Boom Boosts South Africa Salaries
- Beatles Songs Illustrate the SunZia Southwest US Transmission Project's ‘Long and Winding Road’
- Postcard from the Future: 122% Wind Power in Denmark
- Port of Duluth sets record with specialized rail haul to Canada
- Ludeca says: say ‘no to vibration’ with keepitrunning.com
- How power storage affects the return on energy investment ratios of wind and solar resources
- Hannover Fairs USA & CanWEA announce long-term partnership to expand CanWEA’s annual conference and exhibition
- NREL releases Renewable Energy Data Book detailing industry growth in 2012