Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 1 hour 22 min ago
TURKEY: A conservative target of 16GW of installed wind capacity by 2030 has been set by Turkey's government as part of its submission to the COP21 climate change talks in Paris at the end of the year.
CANADA: The Ontario government is looking to make energy storage a prerequisite for bringing new large-scale renewable energy projects on line in the province in the future, according to energy minister Bob Chiarell.
CANADA: A proposal that would see Alberta quadruple the amount of electricity generated from renewable energy sources is "being considered very seriously" by the province's new left-leaning government, said Robert Hornung, president of the Canadian Wind Energy Association (CANWEA).
GERMANY: Gamesa Areva joint venture begins production of 8MW prototype with additional steps in validation process to improve reliability of turbine, says Adwen.
UK: The UK could see a "couple of gigawatts" of additional onshore capacity in the next 18 months before the Renewable Obligation subsidy is closed indefinitely, said Jonathan Cole of ScottishPower.
UK: The German turbine manufacturer has been selected by Blue Energy for 32 turbines of 3.4MW with a 20-year maintenance contract, making it Senvion's biggest UK contract.
UK: For the past 12 months the UK's wind energy industry has been working "if not in total blackout then certainly a prolonged policy brownout", according to RenewableUK's annual report.
CHINA: The speed of offshore project construction has improved considerably since the release of the 2014-2016 development plan, said China's National Energy Association (NEA), but the country is certain to miss its 5GW target for offshore installations by the end of the year.
GERMANY/SPAIN: Germany's Nordex will acquire Spanish turbine rival Acciona Windpower in a €785 million cash and shares deal that also makes the Acciona group Nordex's reference shareholder, with a 29.9% stake.
EUROPE: Recent project updates from German project Wikinger, the Nobelwind site in Belgium, Krieger's Flak in Denmark and two of Dong Energy's developments in the UK.
UNITED STATES: California's aggressive new 50% renewable portfolio standard (RPS), likely to be extended in October from 33%, is expected to boost the state's wind power by a surprisingly large range of 11GW to 21GW by 2030.
INDIA: India is targeting 60GW of wind power by 2022 as part of its COP21 climate change pledge.
FRANCE: Alstom will go ahead with building two factories at Cherbourg, manufacturing blades and towers for the Haliade 6MW turbine.
GERMANY: Germany developers EWE and Trianel have formed a joint venture to develop the 200MW second phase of Borkum West 2 wind project.
MOROCCO: The deadline for bids for 850MW of wind power has been extended at the request of the five bidders in order to "optimise their offers", the National Office of Energy and Water (ONEE) said.
UK: Nordex has developed a 2.65MW turbine for exclusive use at a high-wind site in northwest England.
UNITED STATES: Apex Clean Energy has selected Siemens to supply turbines to a 151MW project in Oklahoma, southern US.
PORTUGAL: Renewable energy developer Enel Green Power has sold its Portuguese subsidiary and assets to investment firm First State Wind Energy Investments for €900 million.
THAILAND: Vestas has won a 126MW deal from Thai renewable energy developer Energy Absolute.
UNITED STATES: Finnish gearbox manufacturer Moventas is now offering uptower replacement of low-speed planetary stage gears and bearings for GE 1.5MW wind turbines in North America
- Better Plants Program Manufacturers Save More Than $2 Billion in Energy Costs
- DOI to Auction 344,000 Acres Offshore New Jersey for Wind Energy Development
- How to Win an Energy Department Solar Decathlon
- Showcasing U.S. Clean Energy Manufacturing Growth Powered by New Innovation Models
- Energy Department Announces $70 Million for Innovation Institute on Smart Manufacturing
- Energy Department Offers Energy Technical Assistance to Native American Communities
- Energy Department Announces $5 Million for Energy Planning in 11 States
- Energy Department Evaluates the Weatherization Assistance Program
- Energy Department Unveils Roadmap to Double U.S. Energy Productivity by 2030
- Energy Department to Invest $102 Million in Solar Energy
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $55 Million to Advance Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Energy Department Awards $1.8 Million to Develop Wind Turbine Blades
- Energy Department Awards $22 Million to Support Next-Generation Electric Machines for Manufacturing
- Energy Department Releases the Second Quadrennial Technology Review
- Energy Department Announces $11 Million to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Use in Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- News story: Tackling poor customer service in the energy sector
- News story: Finance boost to help protect developing countries from climate change
- Press release: Prime Minister urges fellow leaders to back climate change deal
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - September 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 24 September 2015
- News story: EU agrees next steps to tackling climate change
- News story: New gas power station approved in Lincolnshire
- News story: Planning decision for Navitus Bay offshore wind park
- News story: Further action taken to prevent energy bills rising
- News story: Planning decisions for six Powys, Mid-Wales infrastructure projects
- News story: Residents across England win share of £25 million to warm their homes
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- News story: Faster decision making on shale gas for economic growth and energy security
- News story: Minister of State visits Doe Green IGas site
- EIB Links Green Bonds to Projects in Second Push for Climate
- BOEM Greenlights Offshore Wind for North Carolina
- Geothermal, Biomass in Indonesia to Benefit from $500M Loan Program
- Are German Transmission System Operators Against Energy Storage?
- Hydroelectric power, other renewables emphasized at G20 summit