Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 7 hours 43 min ago
WORLDWIDE: Reports issued last week by trade body RenewableUK suggesting government bureaucracy is driving up the cost of offshore wind and doubled consenting time frames.
UK: Steel companies EEW special Pipe Constructions and Bladt Industries are to team up to set up facilities in the UK, manufacturing offshore turbine foundations.
UK: Earlier this month, MHI-Vestas announced plans to lease Vestas' production facilities at its Isle of Wight plant to produce blades for the V164 8MW turbine, the first part of a wider £200 million (EUR 250 million) UK production strategy.
GERMANY: Nordex has installed one of its new N117/3000 turbines on a 141-metre tower at the port of Hamburg.
UK: Australian and British investment groups Macquarie and CVC, respectively, have emerged as sole finalists in a bid to acquire E.on's Spanish division.
ASIA: The offshore wind sector in Asia could grow up to 12 times over in three years, according to Windpower Intelligence's latest Global Market Report.
INDIA: Gamesa has formerly opened its newly expanded nacelle factory in Mamandur, near Chennai, India.
UZBEKISTAN: Uzbekistan has initiated a set of measures, including tax exemption on land, to support wind development in the country.
BRAZIL: Brazil's energy regulator has approved more than 14GW of wind projects for the upcoming A5 energy auction.
CROATIA: Vestas has won a contract from Akuo Energy for the supply of turbines to a 42MW wind project in Croatia.
INDIA: The US Export-Import Bank (Ex-Im Bank) has revealed plans to provide $1 billion in financing for the sale of US-made renewable energy technology to India.
SWITZERLAND: ABB has announced plans to stop constructing offshore platforms, as part of a new business model for the company.
CHINA: Gamesa has won contracts from Chinese developers CGN Wind and Everbright to supply a total of 112MW to projects in China.
NETHERLANDS: Google has signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) with Eneco to buy electricity from a 63MW wind project in the Netherlands.
CROATIA: GE has won a contract to supply a 34MW project in Croatia, its first turbine order in the country.
UNITED STATES: US utility PacifiCorp is seeking an injunction to block the US government from releasing information about the number of birds killed at its 13 wind projects.
UNITED STATES: Sun Edison and its subsidiary Terraform Power have agreed to buy wind developer First Wind for $2.4 billion.
UNITED STATES: Ikea has acquired a 165MW wind project in Texas from Apex Clean Energy for an undisclosed sum.
GERMANY: Germany's renewable energy levy is expected to be between EUR 0.0566/kWh and EUR 0.0727/kWh in 2016, according to Germany's big four transmission operators.
WORLDWIDE: Following the news that Siemens is developing a system to store thermal energy in rocks, Windpower Monthly asked experts whether there is a need for large-scale energy storage.
- Energy Department Awards $425 Million for Next-Generation Supercomputing
- Energy Department Offers $5 Million for Residential Energy Efficiency, Partnerships
- DOI First Right-of-Way for Renewable Energy Transmission in Federal Waters
- New York Announces $206 Million in Awards for New Renewable Energy Projects
- 10 Facts to Know About Data Centers
- Energy Department and EPA Release 2015 Fuel Economy Guide
- Energy Department Recognizes Cummins for Deep Energy Retrofit
- NREL, Army Validate Energy Savings for Net-Zero Energy Installations
- IEA Wind 2013 Annual Report Released
- Sparking Clean Energy Interest from Students in Washington
- Obama Administration Releases Federal Agency Climate Plans
- Energy Department Offers $15 Million to Integrate Solar Energy into the Grid
- Energy Department Announces New Lab Program to Accelerate Clean Energy Commercialization
- Energy Department Launches H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition
- Wave Energy Device Testing Gets $10 Million in Energy Department Support
- Press release: Public want urgent global action to tackle climate change
- News story: Leading offshore wind suppliers invest in TAG Energy facility in Teesside
- Press release: UK pledges to help hardest hit by climate change
- News story: Energy efficiency in rural homes increases by almost 3000% in six months
- Press release: Taking pollution out of our power stations
- Speech: Speech at the Europe-Canada Energy Summit
- News story: #BackClimateAction tweetathon
- Speech: Energy Priorities
- Press release: Communities can create their own power stations
- News story: Statement on US-China climate deal
- Speech: Speech to RenewableUK
- Press release: Skilling up shale: First national UK onshore oil and gas college announced
- News story: More households can benefit from renewable heating
- Speech: The Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning & Transport Annual Conference
- Press release: Flagship Walney offshore wind farm one step closer to expansion
- EPA Abandons Renewable Fuel Standard Rulemaking for 2014
- Cheap Electricity Trumps Solar in India's Rural Communities
- Sunnova Raises $250 Million to Expand Residential Solar in U.S. and Overseas
- Biogas at Home: A Renewable No-Brainer
- Top Five Things People Can't Seem to Remember about the Ivanpah CSP Plant