Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 9 hours 3 min ago
UK: UK-produced blades have been delivered to a UK offshore project for the first time as construction activities for Dong Energy's Burbo Bank Extension gather pace.
INDIA: The Spanish manufacturer has announced a series of seven deals in the subcontinent to cement its place as the market leader.
UNITED STATES: Discount retailer Target has agreed to buy 40MW of wind power from a Starwood Energy Group project in Texas to offset the power used at 60 of its stores.
UK: Vattenfall has made a final investment decision to build the £300 million (€357 million) European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC) off the coast of Scotland, after years of legal delays.
EUROPE: Lower wind speeds in the last three months have caused earnings for utilities to fall in the most recent financial quarter.
UK: Nordex has won a 47.5MW turbine supply deal from TCI Renewables to supply 19 turbines to a project in Northern Ireland.
SPAIN: Spanish utility Iberdrola has reported a 3% fall in pre-tax earnings for its renewables business, on the back of low production in the UK.
UK: A judicial review in to the construction consent for four Scottish offshore projects has repealed the government's approvals following a complaint by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB).
GERMANY: Offshore wind capacity grew modestly with just 43 turbines, totalling 258MW, being newly commissioned in German waters in the first half of 2016.
AUSTRALIA: There are further signs of a revived Australian market as the Victorian state government approves an up-to-300MW project, set to become one of the state's largest sites.
NORWAY: Swiss grid specialist ABB has won a $30 million contract from transmission operator Statnett to provide two substations in Norway.
DENMARK: The Danish Shipowners Association has called on the government to extend a tax break to cover offshore wind ships and their workers.
UK: Renewable electricity accounted for more than a quarter of UK power output for the first time in the first quarter of 2016, according to government statistics, but low speeds hamper UK wind.
FRANCE: Nordex has sold its 12.5MW Mont d'Erny project to private-equity joint venture Rive Private Investment but will supply five turbines to the site.
WORLDWIDE: A drop in global clean energy investments in the first half of 2016 suggests a fall to the annual total, according to new figures.
UNITED STATES: The Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) is expected to approve Deepwater Wind's 90MW offshore wind project off New York state this month.
UK: MHI Vestas has been named as the preferred supplier for Vattenfall's European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC) to provide its V164 8MW turbine to the site.
UK: Greg Clark has been named as energy minister in a newly restructured department of the UK government.
TURKEY: LM Wind Power has broken ground on a new wind turbine blade plant in Turkey, its 14th manufacturing facility worldwide.
ITALY: Massimo Derchi has resigned from his position as managing director of Italian renewables developer ERG Renew to pursue interests away from the company.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Press release: Statement from Greg Clark, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- News story: DECC in the Media blog
- News story: Government announces Capacity Market auction parameters
- Government response: Committee on Climate Change report and government response on the compatibility of UK onshore petroleum with meeting the UK’s carbon budgets
- Press release: Opportunities identified for oil and gas sector workforce
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom speech to Utility Week Energy Summit
- Press release: Business Secretary to chair government group focused on business engagement following referendum
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - June 2016
- News story: Government’s ‘central heating for cities’ scheme to bring energy bills down
- Speech: Amber Rudd speech to the Business & Climate Summit
- Speech: Government’s vision for shale gas in securing home grown energy supplies for the UK
- News story: Greater security for North Sea Oil and Gas as Energy Bill becomes law
- Press release: New Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- News story: Head of Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons announced
- News story: Securing the UK’s electricity supply
- Efficiency and Renewable Energy are the Only Future We Can Afford
- Enel, Partner Win License to Explore Geothermal Resources in Lampung, Indonesia
- Microgrids: The Electric BTM Line
- Energy from Offshore: Engineering Firm Transitions Expertise from Offshore Oil to Offshore Wind
- New Power Plant Featuring Enhanced Geothermal System Tech Inaugurated in France