Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 7 hours 53 min ago
EUROPE: Recent updates from sites around the UK, France's planned 498MW Fecamp development, and the 14 year old Yttre Stengrund project in Sweden.
UK: A right-wing policy think tank has called on the UK government to reconsider plans to end support for onshore wind, adding it could add up to £90 million (€123 million) to consumers' bills each year.
BRAZIL: Vestas has appointed Rogerio Zampronha as its new general manager in Brazil, replacing interim manager Miguel Picardo Troyano.
FINLAND: Vestas has won a 72.6MW order from German developer Wpd to supply turbines to a project in west Finland.
DENMARK: Universal Foundation's (UF) mono-bucket foundation is set to be installed at the 18MW Icebreaker project in the US, but the design itself has been used in the offshore industry for some years.
UNITED STATES: Soil analysis testing has started at the 18MW Icebreaker offshore project in Lake Erie, Ohio.
BRAZIL: Experts are warning profitability of wind projects is at risk after the latest round of power contracts averaged at just BRL181.14/MWh ($50.4/MWh).
INDIA: Vestas has been awarded a contract from Indian utility Powerica to supply turbines to a project in Gujarat, west India.
AUSTRALIA: Victoria's government has launched a renewable energy roadmap it hopes could create A$200 million ($143 million) of new investment.
UNITED STATES: EDF Renewable Energy has acquired mid-sized New York-based wind developer OwnEnergy.
CANADA: The Nova Scotia government in Canada has pulled the plug on a programme that encouraged the development of small-scale, community-based renewable-energy projects, despite strong demand from local residents wanting to invest in wind.
GERMANY: Energy ministers in nine of Germany's 16 states are concerned about the potential negative impact of the federal government's plan for a competitive auction system.
GERMANY: Nordex will consider offers for the designs of its shelved 6MW turbine designs, which were stopped when the company pulled out of offshore in 2012.
URUGUAY: Vestas has won a contract from project company Glymont SA to provide turbines for a site in Florida, southern Uruguay.
CHINA: Goldwind results for the first half of 2015 show net profits of CNY 1.25 billion ($195 million) in the first half of 2015, up 276.62% on the previous year, the company reported.
GERMANY: Dong Energy has signed the deal to purchase MHI Vestas V164-8MW turbines for the 450MW Borkum Riffgrund 2 wind farm.
PAKISTAN: Wind farm developer Gul Ahmed Energy has ordered 20 Nordex N100/2500 low-wind turbines for its 50MW wind project in Sindh province, south Pakistan.
UK: Danish utility Dong Energy has acquired the development rights for the 4GW Hornsea Zone from the Smart Wind consortium
WORLDWIDE: Recent project updates from Dong Energy's almost completed Borkum Riffgrund 1, the Neart Na Gaoithe project in Scotland, Iberdrola's 350MW Wikinger and the 180MW St George's Bay site in Canada.
NETHERLANDS: Deme Group's Offshore Wind Assistance (OWA) and the EWE Offshore Service Solutions have been contracted to provide operations and maintenance services for the 600MW Gemini offshore project.
- $1 Billion in Energy Department Initiatives for Clean Energy Technologies
- Energy Department Awards Up to $9 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Systems
- DOI Approves 485-Megawatt Blythe Mesa Solar Project in California
- Team NY Alfred Creates a Model for Western New York State
- Energy Department Recognizes Arizona’s School District in Better Buildings Challenge
- ARPA-E Announces Five New Projects to Reduce Transportation Energy Use
- NREL Report Examines Energy Use in Cities and Proposes Next Steps for Energy Innovation
- Safer Access to Offshore Wind Turbine Platforms is Demonstrated
- Energy Department Reports Highlight Trends of Growing U.S. Wind Energy Industry
- Energy Department Awards $7.4 Million for Wave and Tidal Energy Systems
- USDA Invests $63 Million to Support Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- Team Orange County Sprouts Casa del Sol on Its Home Turf
- Energy Department to Fund Master’s and Doctoral Training in Power Electronics
- EIA: U.S. Electricity from Renewables to Grow 1.8% in 2015
- United States and China Agree to Second Solar Decathlon China
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- News story: Faster decision making on shale gas for economic growth and energy security
- News story: Minister of State visits Doe Green IGas site
- News story: Offshore wind farm gets the go ahead
- News story: Official response to provisional CMA report
- News story: Statistical press release: Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 30 July 2015
- Press release: New offshore oil and gas exploration licences awarded
- News story: Combatting climate change: a vital safety net for families and businesses
- Speech: Secretary of State speech on Climate Change
- Press release: Green Deal Finance Company funding to end
- News story: Two new gas power stations given green light
- Statement to Parliament: Levy Control Framework cost controls
- Press release: Controlling the cost of renewable energy