Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 7 hours 18 min ago
INDIA: Manufacturer Suzlon has officially opened a new blade manufacturing facility in Madhya Pradesh, central India.
CHINA: Gamesa will introduce its G114-2.5MW turbine in China after signing its first deal with developer Zhongmin.
MEXICO: Multi-national bank HSBC has agreed a power purchase deal with Enel Green Power to supply wind energy to its offices in Mexico.
GERMANY: Enercon's co-managing director Nicole Fritsch-Nehring will step down from her role at the end of the year.
UK: The UK government's levy control framework (LCF) has been poorly managed and needs reform, according to the National Audit Office (NAO).
SPAIN: A European Commission-backed research programme has unveiled a 'self-installing' offshore wind turbine in a bid to cut costs.
WORLDWIDE: In its most optimistic outlook to date, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) pictures over 5.8TW of wind power installed worldwide.
TAIWAN: Taiwan Power Company (Taipower) is developing a 100MW offshore wind project, with plans to tender for suppliers and contractors in 2017.
UK: The final report published by the government's energy and climate change committee (ECCC) has urged the removal of regulatory barriers to energy storage and advocates subsidies to give the sector a boost.
NORWAY: German manufacturer Senvion has won its first turbine supply deal in Norway, to provide turbines to a 112.2MW project in the south-west of the country.
WORLDWIDE: Safety and certification agency Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is developing a set of standards for electric car batteries to be deployed in renewable energy storage applications.
THAILAND: Siemens will service its turbines at the 207MW Korat complex for a further 13 years, following a contract extension with Wind Energy Holding.
WORLDWIDE: Offshore wind power has been heavily dependent on government support but is now rapidly heading towards being self-sustaining as its costs fall to match those of fossil-fuel sources.
INDIA: Chinese turbine supplier Sany has pledged to invest $3 billion in building wind projects in India.
SWEDEN: German investment firm Aquila Capital has agreed to acquire a 148MW project in Sweden, backed with a power purchase deal from Google, from developer OX2.
UNITED STATES: Infrastructure company John Laing has made its first investment in the US wind sector, acquiring a stake in a 29.9MW project in New Mexico.
UK: The UK needs to act immediately if it is to reach its targets on emission reductions, the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) has warned.
GERMANY: Renewable-energy company Trianel has acquired the newly online 33MW Uckley-Nord wind farm from ABO Wind.
UK: Successful bidders for contracts for difference (CfDs) will face more restrictions in future if they fail to deliver their projects, the energy department announced
EUROPE: Hydrogen systems supplier Hydrogenics is taking part in pilots across Europe to demonstrate the potential for hydrogen electrolysers for grid balancing and renewables integration.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Press release: Statement from Greg Clark, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- News story: DECC in the Media blog
- News story: Government announces Capacity Market auction parameters
- Government response: Committee on Climate Change report and government response on the compatibility of UK onshore petroleum with meeting the UK’s carbon budgets
- Press release: Opportunities identified for oil and gas sector workforce
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom speech to Utility Week Energy Summit
- Lake Erie’s Icebreaker Offshore Wind Project Moves to Scoping Phase
- PV Training Can Fill Knowledge Gap for Code Officials and Other Professionals
- Unlocking the Clean Energy Value of Dormant Corporate Properties — Part Two: Procurement
- Tesla’s Musk Deepens Panasonic Ties With Solar Parts Deal
- This Hybrid Power Plant Combines 3 Clean Energy Sources in One