Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 1 hour 18 min ago
UNITED STATES: Siemens has secured an order for a 300MW project in the US from Apex Clean Energy.
GERMANY: Windy weather across Germany in the last days of March 2015, and lack of flexibility in the electricity generation and consumption markets resulted in negative spot market prices in five individual early morning hours on 30 March 2015.
ITALY: Enel Green Power has sold a 49% stake in a portfolio of 560MW renewables assets for about $440 million as it seeks funds to finance further growth in the market.
UK: The UK's Green Investment Bank (GIB) has secured £463 million (€639 million) of investment for its offshore wind fund.
FINLAND: Vestas has been handed an order for a 53MW project in Finland from Finnish devleloper EPV Tuulivoima.
CHINA: Vestas has secured an order for a 49MW project in China from Hebei Construction
UNITED STATES: Clean Line Energy, the developer of the Grain Belt Express Clean Line, has had requests for 20GW of transmission service on the line.
KAZAKHSTAN: The government of Kazakhstan is completing preparations to build a 78MW project in the Tainty Ulan area in the east of the country.
GERMANY: Development of a wind project along the A7, Germany's longest motorway, is being driven by municipal energy company Stadtwerke Tübingen and wind developer W-I-N-D Energien of Dettingen unter Teck in the inland German state of Baden-Württemberg.
UK: MHI-Vestas (MV) has signed a three-year extension to the operations and maintenance contract for the 21MW Sprogø project.
UK: Dong Energy has installed the final 6MW Siemens turbines at the 210MW Westermost Rough project in the North Sea.
UK: Siemens has secured a 15-year extended service agreement from RWE for the 90MW Rhyl Flats project in the Irish Sea.
WORLDWIDE: Vestas has held onto its position as the world's number one wind turbine supplier in the latest annual OEM research by BTM Navigant.
UK: SSE has sold GE its Langhope Rig project in southern Scotland for an undisclosed amount.
GERMANY: Around 390MW of new capacity is due to be installed in land-locked Austria in 2015, slightly less than the 411MW commissioned in 2014, but a clear improvement on the 296MW of 2012 and 308MW of 2013. Austria's total wind fleet now stands at 2,095MW.
UNITED STATES: Vestas has secured an order for a 40MW project in the US from Quantum Utility Generation.
SOUTH AFRICA: Nordex has won a contract to supply the turbines for a 111MW wind project in South Africa.
JAPAN: Hitachi has completed the construction of its 5MW downwind offshore turbine at a coastal site near Kashima city in central Japan.
CHINA: Longyuan Power group has posted strong results for 2014, with the wind business propping up the ailing coal division.
BELGIUM: Elia, the Belgian transmission system operator (TSO), will use Nexans' EHV cables for its Stevin grid route, the 380kV upgrade of the grid between Zomergem and Zeebrugge.
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Alcoa for Automotive Sector
- Energy Department, DOI, and Army Corps of Engineers Renew Hydropower Partnership
- Cleveland Partners Recognized by Energy Department for Leadership in Saving Energy
- Virginia Receives First Offshore Wind Energy Research Lease in Federal Waters
- National Parks Move Forward on Sustainable Transportation in Partnership with Clean Cities
- Leading by Example on Climate Change: The New Federal Sustainability Plan
- Energy Department Announces $20 Million to Develop Advanced Electric Motors
- Energy Department Selects 11 Tribal Communities to Deploy EERE Technologies
- EPA Announces 70 Top Performing ENERGY STAR-Certified Manufacturing Plants
- Wind Vision: New Report Highlights a Robust Wind Energy Future
- Energy Department Releases New Wind Report, Examines Future of Industry
- New Funding Opportunity to Develop Larger Wind Turbine Blades
- IEA: Global Energy-Related Emissions Steady in 2014
- California Approves $21 Million for Renewable Energy Projects
- California State University, Sacramento, Builds Reflect Home To Showcase Its City
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- News story: Oil industry support set out