Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 10 hours 20 min ago
IRELAND: Nordex will supply the turbines for a 65MW project in Ireland developed by Green Energy Supply.
CANADA: Hydro-Quebec has selected three projects totalling 446.4MW in its latest request for wind energy proposals, with the winning bidders poised to bring some new turbine suppliers to the province.
CHILE : The development of wind energy in Chile has taken a significant step forward with a major tender to supply electricity to regulated clients through the country's main grid.
SOUTH KOREA: Alstom has won an 18MW contract from Dae Myoung Energy to supply turbine to a project in the Gangwon Province, northeast South Korea.
SPAIN: Gamesa and Iberdrola have created a remote management system allowing them to potentially control any turbine around the world.
WORLDWIDE: Global offshore wind commissionings totalled 1.3GW in 2014, with the UK dominating the market, according to data from WPO Intelligence.
FINLAND: RES Group's Swedish subsidiary, Nordisk Vindkraft, has partnered up with forestry company Tonator Oyj to develop six wind projects in Finland.
UNITED STATES: The US Senate has approved a bill to extend the Production Tax Credit (PTC) for the wind industry for another year, taking it to the end of 2014.
UK: Developers bidding for a Contract for Difference (CfD) subsidy scheme will find out if they are successful on 18 March 2015.
SPAIN: DNV GL has certified Gamesa's upgrade programme intended to extend the life of its G47-660kW turbines to 30 years.
FRANCE: Canadian renewable energy developer and operator Boralex plans to buy Enel Green Power's French wind energy assets in a deal it said would boost its French wind capacity to 455MW.
UK: The secretary of state for communities and local government Eric Pickles needs to make decisions on planning applications for wind projects faster, a government committee has said.
RUSSIA: Gamesa's Indian unit has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Russian turbine specialist Rotec to explore turbine development.
UK: China General Nuclear Power (CGN) is to acquire majority stakes in three UK wind projects from EDF, its first move into the European wind market.
As we near the end of the year, Windpower Monthly asked experts whether they thought 2014 was a vintage year for wind power, or one best forgotten.
CHILE: Winning over local communities and negotiating land access are becoming increasingly important to the development of the new energy capacity in Chile.
Brazil: Wind Power Energia (WPE), the Brazilian subsidiary of Argentinean turbine manufacturer Impsa, has sought protection from creditors under local bankruptcy laws.
FRANCE: The rated capacity of the Vertiwind vertical-axis floating turbine will be 2.6MW instead of the 2MW previously announced.
SPAIN: Gamesa has secured a syndicated loan deal worth €750 million in order to make its funds more accessible.
KENYA: Vestas has secured an order to supply the turbines for what is set to be Africa's largest wind project, the 310MW Lake Turkana development in Kenya.
- NREL Compares State Solar Policies to Determine Market Success
- Air Force Tests First All-Electric Vehicle Fleet in California
- NASA and USGS Offer Climate Data App Challenge
- EPA Offers New ENERGY STAR Tool for Homeowners
- Mapping the Frontier of New Wind Power Potential
- EERE Network News on Holiday Hiatus
- Energy Department Announces Federal Energy and Water Management Award Winners
- Energy Department Awards $7 Million to Advance Bioenergy Feedstocks
- Energy Department Expands Support of Alaska Native Clean Energy
- DOI Offers New Climate Data Initiative Tools
- New Videos to Help Improve Energy Literacy Throughout the Nation
- EPA Names 2014 Green Power Leaders
- Multifamily Buildings Earn First ENERGY STAR Recognition
- Pilgrim's Progress: An Update on Geothermal Potential in Alaska
- DOI to Auction 742,000 Acres Offshore Massachusetts for Wind Energy
- News story: Green Growth Group Ministers' statement – next steps on the EU 2030 Climate and Energy Policy Framework
- News story: A million ways our homes are warmer this winter
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 18 December 2014
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - December 2014
- Speech: Matthew Hancock speeech at the 4th Kurdistan-Iraq Oil and Gas Conference
- News story: £2.5m to develop North Sea CO2 storage
- News story: First Capacity Market auction begins today
- News story: Energy and Climate Change Secretary responds to new agreement on climate change
- Speech: Powerful women
- News story: Capacity Market - location of provisional results
- News story: Changes to protect consumers from increased costs of support scheme
- Press release: Successful Projects for Ambitious Mitigation
- News story: GDHIF second release: funding fully allocated for solid wall insulation
- Statement to Parliament: Third DECC annual progress report on the roll-out of Smart Meters
- Statement to Parliament: Regulatory Justification of the UK ABWR nuclear reactor
- What the Senate's Tax Extender Bill Means for Wind Energy
- Buffett Testing Smart Grid Technology for Home Energy Management
- British Columbia to Proceed with $7.6 Billion Hydropower Project
- Solar Fred’s Solar Marketing Wishes for 2015: Market People, Not Solar
- Big News: More Tariffs on Solar Panels from China
- Renewables takes 2.2GWh in Chilean auction
- Hydro-Quebec selects 446MW in latest tender
- Power Climber Wind provides IBEX Climb Assist Systems in the United Kingdom
- Congress extends policy critical to the success of wind energy, industry continues to seek long-term stability to scale up
- Gamesa and Iberdrola launch a new, next-generation system for operating wind farms from a distance