Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 9 hours 8 min ago
NORWAY: Certification body DNV GL has appointed Remi Eriksen as its new CEO and group president, taking over from Henrik Madsen.
MEXICO: Vestas has won a 99MW contract with local electricity supplier Isolux de Mexico to provide turbines to two projects in Tamaulipas, northeast Mexico.
UK: Gamesa has been handed an order for a 239MW project in UK from ScottishPower.
UNITED STATES: Construction work has begun on the foundations for Deepwater Wind's 30MW Block Island project, set to be the first offshore development in the US.
CHINA: Goldwind has announced two new tower designs targeting low wind sites and locations requiring a hub height of over 120 metres.
UK: Spanish banking group Santander and two Canadian pension funds have launched Cubico, a renewable energy investment firm.
TURKEY: Local utility Bak Enerji Uretimi has awarded Vestas with an 83MW order to supply a project in central Turkey.
CHINA: Ming Yang has reported revenues of CNY 1.33 billion ($215.3 million) in Q1, buoyed by pro-wind legislation in China, the company has said.
GERMANY: All 78 Siemens 4MW turbines at Dong Energy's 312MW Borkum Riffgrund 1 have been installed.
EUROPE: Recent updates from Vattenfall's Kentish Flats Extension in the UK and the Netherland's Eneco Luchterduinen site.
UK: Scottish Power Renewables' 714MW East Anglia One project could include a small test site, according to information released by the Department for Energy and Climate Change (Decc).
UK: Siemens will manufacture its 7MW offshore turbine for Mainstream Renewable Power's Neart Na Gaoithe, following publication of the project's supply chain plan.
UK: Dong Energy's 210MW Westermost Rough project has reached full output, less than two months after the final turbine was installed at the site.
POLAND: Vestas has sealed an order for a 83MW project in Poland from Wind Field Korytnica.
UK: SPT Offshore has been contracted by Sembmarine to supply its suction pile foundation for use on the substation at the 402MW Dudgeon project.
DENMARK: Developer Dong Energy has installed 3GW of wind power offshore, as the turbine installation process nears completion at its 312MW Borkum Riffgrund 1.
UNITED STATES: AWEA held its annual Windpower conference and exhibition in Florida this week with announcements from OEMs including Vestas, Siemens and GE.
GERMANY: Nordex has announced its chief executive Jurgen Zeschky is to leave the company after just over four years in the role.
UK: MHI-Vestas (MV) has entered into a conditional agreement with the developers behind the Navitus Bay for the supply of up to 960MW.
WORLDWIDE: Recent updates from projects in Germany, the UK's Gwynt y Mor and Deepwater Wind's Block Island project in the US.
- Energy Department Evaluates Potential for Wind Power in 50 States
- SunShot Announces Solar Start-Up Winners
- Crowder College and Drury University Aim to Withstand Tornadoes with ShelteR
- Connecticut Launches Nation’s First Statewide Home Energy Score Program
- Energy Department Announces Winners of Next-Generation Lighting Design Competition
- Energy Department Issues New Report on U.S. Hydropower
- Application Deadline for START Tribal Renewable Energy Projects Extended to May 22
- OptiBit Wins MIT Clean Energy Prize
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $10 Million for Efficient Lighting Development
- Energy Department Invests $4 Million to Strengthen Building America Industry Partnerships
- Energy Department Invests $6 Million to Increase Energy Efficiency of Public Buildings
- New York City College of Technology Finds Strength in Diversity for Its DURA Urban House
- Energy Department to Provide $75 Million for ‘Fuels from Sunlight’ Hub
- Energy Department Announces $10.5 Million for Next-Generation Marine Energy Systems
- Energy Department Announces Enhanced Geothermal Systems Project Selections
- News story: £50 million of existing funds allocated to boost investment in renewables
- News story: Fuel poverty report shows improvement
- News story: Fuel poverty, England 2013: statistical release
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 May 2015
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 30 April 2015
- News story: Secretary of State decision on LetterOne North Sea gas fields acquisition
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes