Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 15 min 41 sec ago
DENMARK: Dong Energy has increased earnings from its wind division by 50% in the first nine months of the year, despite a fall in revenues.
UK: Scottish Power Renewables has said its 1.2GW East Anglia One project could be cancelled due to a lack of government funding.
GREECE: Gamesa has struck a deal to supply the turbines for two wind farms in Greece with a combined capacity of 82MW.
IRELAND: The European Investment Bank (EIB) has agreed a EUR 100 million loan facility with transmission system operator ESB Networks to help connect wind projects to the national grid.
CHINA: Goldwind made a net profit of CNY 1.2 billion ($196 million) in the first three quarters of 2014, up five times on the figure for the same period last year.
CANADA: GE has released pictures of its turbines installed at the 60MW McLean's Mountain project in Ontario.
UNITED STATES: Boulder Wind Power is winding down its operations after failing to secure a partner for its generator designs, leading to the departure of its CTO and founder Sandy Butterfield.
JAPAN: The consortium developing the Fukushima floating offshore turbine has said installation work has been delayed until February, two months later than planned.
FINLAND: Dutch turbine manufacturer Lagerwey Wind has revealed it is installing turbines on two wind projects in Finland with a total capacity of 27.5MW.
INDIA: Gamesa has signed contracts to supply turbines to five wind projects in India with a combined capacity of 172MW.
CANADA: Siemens has received orders worth a combined 315MW, from a Samsung-led consortium and Suncor Energy, to be installed at two projects in Ontario.
EUROPE: The European Environment Agency (EEA) has said Europe is on course to meet or exceed its 2020 energy and emissions targets.
FRANCE: EDF and Credit Agricole-owned asset management company Amundi have linked up with the aim of raising EUR 1.5 billion for renewables projects.
CANADA: GE has installed its 1,500th wind turbine in Canada, bringing its installed wind capacity across Canada to 2GW.
UKRAINE: Ukraine is considering temporary decommissioning of up to 60MW of projects, depsite setting a 2020 capacity target of 2.28GW.
UNITED STATES: Pattern Energy has repriced the financing for its 265MW Ocotillo wind development in California.
SPAIN: The Spanish government has proclaimed victory at last week's EU summit by forging an agreement to boost power interconnections across Europe and so reduce large-scale curtailment on the Iberian peninsula's wind capacity.
PAKISTAN: GE has been handed a 49.5MW contract by HydroChina and owner Sapphire Wind Power Company to supply turbines to a project in Sindh province.
NORWAY: The Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy is looking to establish a floating turbine test centre off the west coast of Norway.
UNITED STATES: GE has announced plans to close its turbine manufacturing plant in Tehachapi, California as part of a cost-cutting initiative.
- Secretary Moniz Dedicates Innovative Commercial-Scale Cellulosic Biofuel Plant
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Innovative Lighting
- Energy Department Awards $5 Million to Spur Local Clean Energy Development
- Energy Department Offers $14 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Landscape Design
- Solar Energy Prices See Double-digit Declines in 2013
- Racing with Relevance: Green Racing Redefines Sustainable Motorsports
- New Funding to Develop Next Generation HVAC Offered by Energy Department
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Develop Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Green Building Certification System Final Rule Issued by Energy Department
- Energy Department Recognizes Better Buildings Challenge Participants
- Energy-Department Supported Scientist Receives Nobel Prize for Blue Light LED
- Better Buildings Challenge Drives Greater Efficiency in U.S. Data Centers
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million to Lower Cost of Concentrating Solar Power
- Energy Department Recognizes 11 Manufacturers for Energy Efficiency Achievements
- New York Invests $94 Million for Solar Projects Across the State
- News story: UK energy projects awarded €75 million of European funding
- News story: Vampire Energy: 5 energy myths that will shock your socks off
- News story: Edward Davey opens West of Duddon Sands Offshore Wind Farm
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 30 October 2014
- News story: UK-Singapore joint statement on climate change
- News story: Statutory security of supply report
- Press release: Switch for bigger daylight savings
- Press release: EU agrees 'historic' deal to tackle climate change
- News story: EU agrees ‘historic’ deal to tackle climate change
- News story: Vampire Energy: Don't be a sucker, switch it off
- Press release: South Hook CHP plant moves a step closer to being built
- News story: Renewable Heat Incentive roadshows
- News story: The Big Energy Saving Network on your doorstep
- Speech: Energy UK conference - trust and consumer engagement
- Speech: Energy UK conference