Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 9 hours 28 min ago
BRAZIL: Alstom has signed a contract to supply the turbines for a 21.6MW wind project in Brazil.
EUROPE: A showdown between Spain's prime minister Mariano Rajoy and French president Francois Hollande spurred largely by wind power, is widely predicted for this week's EU Brussels summit, 23-24 October.
JORDAN: Gamesa has confirmed an order for the supply of turbines with a capacity of 66MW to a project being developed in Jordan.
The government is working to end grid connection problems for wind projects, said Zhu Ming, the new -- and second -- deputy director of the New and Renewable Energy department of China's National Energy Association.
URUGUAY: The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has agreed a $42.2 million loan for the construction of a 48.6MW wind project in Uruguay.
GERMANY: EnBW is has introduced an investment scheme under which the public can take stakes in a portfolio of 17 wind farms across Germany.
SPAIN: Iberdrola has struck a positive note in its results for the first nine months of the year, pointing to progress with renewables in Latin America as a means to offset losses in Spain.
WORLDWIDE: Installed wind capacity could jump to more than five times its current level by 2030, a report from the Global Wind Energy Council has found.
MEXICO: Gamesa has sold a 74MW wind project in Oaxaca to mining firm Grupo Mexico.
CHINA: Vestas has said it is looking to "reinvigorate" its performance in the Chinese market through extending its product range in the country and adapting its servicing practices.
GERMANY: Former Areva Wind CEO, Jean Huby, will join Ocean Breeze, owner of the troubled 400MW Bard Offshore 1 project, at the end of this month.
FRANCE: Nordex has been awarded a deal by asset fund manager Leonidas Associatess to supply 27.5MW to a project in northern France.
FRANCE: Areva CEO Luc Oursel has stepped down after three years in the role citing health reasons.
PHILIPPINES: Filipino developer Energy Development Corporation (EDC) has secured financing for the 150MW Burgos project in the far north of the country.
FRANCE: A failure by offshore developers to include foundation manufacturers in the design process is causing delays and costly mistakes, as well as hampering the drive to reduce costs.
EUROPE: European Commission president-elect Jean-Claude Juncker's decision to make Spanish politician and oil and gas investor Miguel Arias Canete energy commissioner was one of the more controversial appointments to the EC leadership team.
Following Chinese manufacturer CSIC's announcement it is targeting the European market with an offshore turbine, Windpower Monthly asked how Chinese manufacturers can break into the European and American markets.
SOUTH AFRICA: The South African government has confirmed that a lack of grid capacity and state utility Eskom's inability to fund the necessary upgrades has been the primary reason behind the postponement of financial close on 878MW of projects.
UK: RES has received the first of ten Nordex turbines to be used at two of its projects in eastern England.
DENMARK: MHI-Vestas' V164-8MW turbine has broken the record for the most amount of electricity produced in 24 hours. by generating 192 MWh.
- Secretary Moniz Dedicates Innovative Commercial-Scale Cellulosic Biofuel Plant
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Innovative Lighting
- Energy Department Awards $5 Million to Spur Local Clean Energy Development
- Energy Department Offers $14 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Landscape Design
- Solar Energy Prices See Double-digit Declines in 2013
- Racing with Relevance: Green Racing Redefines Sustainable Motorsports
- New Funding to Develop Next Generation HVAC Offered by Energy Department
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Develop Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Green Building Certification System Final Rule Issued by Energy Department
- Energy Department Recognizes Better Buildings Challenge Participants
- Energy-Department Supported Scientist Receives Nobel Prize for Blue Light LED
- Better Buildings Challenge Drives Greater Efficiency in U.S. Data Centers
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million to Lower Cost of Concentrating Solar Power
- Energy Department Recognizes 11 Manufacturers for Energy Efficiency Achievements
- New York Invests $94 Million for Solar Projects Across the State
- Press release: South Hook CHP plant moves a step closer to being built
- News story: Renewable Heat Incentive roadshows
- News story: The Big Energy Saving Network on your doorstep
- Speech: Energy UK conference - trust and consumer engagement
- Speech: Energy UK conference
- News story: Edward Davey on Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation monthly figures
- Press release: EU Carbon Market Reform needed to improve efficiency
- News story: Statement on the fire at Didcot B power station
- Statement to Parliament: Informal Energy and Environment Council
- Government response: Response to the Express article 15 October 2014
- Speech: Address to the Green Growth Summit
- Speech: Utility Week 2nd Annual Congress
- Speech: Solar Energy UK
- Press release: UK-Norway electricity interconnection moves closer
- Speech: Energy Technology Showcase
- Community Solar Allows Utilities to Adapt, Thrive as Energy Landscape Evolves
- The Next Revolution: Discarding Dangerous Fossil Fuel Accounting Practices
- Economists Say Curbing Climate Change Will Help Our Economy
- US Energy Secretary Tours 6.4-MW Rooftop Solar Array in Las Vegas
- SPI Slideshow Day Two: People, Projects and Policy