Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 4 hours 4 min ago
UNITED STATES: A known climate sceptic with close ties to the fossil fuel industry has been appointed by President-elect Donald Trump to lead the US Environment Protection Agency (EPA).
UNITED STATES: Convergent Energy and Power, a US-based energy storage asset developer, has received a strategic investment from Statoil Energy Ventures, a corporate fund set up by Norwegian energy firm Statoil.
CHINA: Vestas has been contracted by local developer and tower supplier Titan Wind Energy to install turbines with hub heights of 137-metres, set to be the tallest in China.
UNITED STATES: Global technology firm Google has announced its operations will run on 100% renewable energy from 2017, a year ahead of schedule.
FRANCE: Envision Energy has acquired Velocita Energy Developments' French onshore wind portfolio, which includes a 500MW project pipeline.
IRAN: In July 2015, when the nuclear deal was agreed with Iran and trade sanctions were lifted, there was a sudden increase in interest in development of renewables.
UNITED STATES: Snohomish County Public Utility District (SNOPUD) has installed a 2MW/8MWh vanadium redox flow battery (VRFB), supplied by UniEnergy Technologies, which will be based on an open standards platform.
DENMARK: Siemens has displayed its first roll-on roll-off (Ro-Ro) vessel at a ceremony in Esbjerg, Denmark, the first of two similar vessels to be used by the manufacturer.
EUROPE: The publication of the European Commission's (EC) 'Winter Package' of energy measures has raised questions over a lack of clear governance towards meeting renewable energy targets to 2030.
UNITED STATES: A turbine at Deepwater Wind's 30MW Block Island project has been damaged after part of a drill was left inside.
AUSTRALIA: A hybrid wind, solar and storage plant could be a blueprint for clean, reliable power in emerging markets, according to the CEO of developer WindLab.
AUSTRALIA: Energy storage developer VSUN is seeking to roll out its battery technology in mining operations and other off-grid sites from 2017.
UK: In less than two years, and two months ahead of schedule, Siemens has produced its first blades from the new Green Port Hull site in northeast England.
INDIA: The energy ministry has shut down the Revised List of Manufacturers and Machines (RLMM) committee in favour of a new system to encourage domestic competition.
RUSSIA: The government and the national Parliament are considering replacing existing oil-fired generation with wind power plants in the coming years, according to government press service.
EUROPE: The European Commission (EC) has put forward a package of measures, including plans to support renewable energy investments, as it continues its clean energy transition.
AUSTRALIA: Danish manufacturer Vestas has won a deal to supply 53 turbines to a project in north Queensland, owned by power producer Ratch Australia.
UNITED STATES: Developer US Wind has issued its plans for a 750MW offshore wind project off the US' east coast, a week after Deepwater Wind.
CHILE: The government is seeking investors to build projects with at least 100MW of installed capacity on almost 80 square kilometres of state land in the north of the country.
UK: Poor governance, a lack of transparency, and a tendency to "group think" was at the heart of the former UK energy department's (Decc) failure to correctly forecast pressure on the levy control framework (LCF) and prevent overspend.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Trump’s Pick of EPA Foe to Lead Agency May Spark Senate Fight
- Global Wind Energy Insight: ‘We’re Moving On’
- China’s Wind Power Curtailment Rate Declined During First Nine Months of 2016
- US Army Releases Review Related to Streamlining of Solar Permitting
- Wind Farms a Blight, Says Trump — But Does Scotland Care?