Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 1 hour 53 min ago
INDIA: Turbine manufacturer Suzlon has announced chairman Tulsi Tanti has been reappointed managing director from 1 April.
POLAND: Poland's share of renewables in energy consumption in 2016 fell short of what is needed to meet its 2020 target, and the gap is likely to grow, the wind industry has warned.
CANADA: The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CANWEA) has shown its support for the new federal budget that supports the country's energy transition.
UNITED STATES: Xcel Energy has broadened its US expansion plans to 11 new wind projects across seven states, totalling 3.38GW in capacity.
UK: Norwegian developer Statkraft has exited the Forewind consortium developing the four 1.2GW projects in the Dogger Bank zone.
RUSSIA: The Ulyanovsk region in southern Russia is targeting up to 700MW of wind by 2024, with hopes of expanding to 1GW, the Russian Association of the Wind Industry (RAWI) has said.
JAPAN: Japan's move away from nuclear and fossil fuel power can be helped by offshore wind supporting the country's baseload power, a new report by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) has found.
TURKEY: A consortium comprising GE and local power producers has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) ahead of the launch of a new auction system.
FRANCE: EDF Energies Nouvelles (EDF EN) aims to accelerate growth in its domestic market, adding 5-6GW of renewable capacity by 2030.
NORWAY: Three Scandinavian firms have formed a new joint venture with a view of developing 900MW of new wind capacity in Norway.
UK: An arbitration tribunal has backed developer Mainstream Renewable Power over the cancellation of its contract for difference (CfD) agreement with the Low Carbon Contracts Committee (LCCC) for the 450MW Neart Na Gaoithe offshore wind project.
CANADA: The government of Prince Edward Island (PEI) wants to add another 70MW of wind energy to its electricity grid, building on what is already the highest penetration of any province in Canada.
EUROPE: The European Commission's competition authority has granted the proposed GE Renewable Energy takeover of blade manufacturer LM Wind Power.
WORLDWIDE: The International Renewable Energy Agency (Irena) and the International Energy Agency (IEA) have set out a vision for 2050, where renewables' share of primary energy supply will increase from 15% in 2015, to 65%.
IRELAND: German turbine manufacturer Senvion has won its first Irish contract, supplying infrastructure investor NTR with machines for a project in County Meath, north-east Ireland.
GERMANY: Nordex CEO Lars Bondo Krogsgaard has resigned and will be replaced by former Acciona Wind Power chief Jose Luis Blanco, after the manufacturer predicted a downturn in sales for 2017.
UK: The auction to allocate contract for difference (CfD) support for renewable energy project delivery in 2021/22 and 2022/23, will run from 3 to 21 April.
UK: The Scottish government has approved the up-to-12MW Dounreay Tri floating offshore wind project, a week after approving another 48MW site.
UNITED STATES: Iberdrola's US subsidiary has placed a winning bid of $9 million to obtain the development licence for the Kitty Hawk area off North Carolina.
UNITED STATES: Developer Xcel Energy has pledged to support the development of 1.55GW of new wind capacity in four northern US states, as signs of a boom in the US continue.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Biting the Biggest Apple: New York’s New Plan to Reward Distributed Energy Resources
- Innovative Aggregation Expands Access to Large-scale Renewables
- Canada Firm Uses Salt, Tesla and Flywheels in Clean Energy Race
- The Wonder Material That May Make Spray-On Solar PV Reality
- Oil Majors Take a Plunge into Offshore Wind