Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 8 hours 11 min ago
BRAZIL: Brazilian regulator Empresa de Pesquisa Energetica (EPE) has approved 3.9GW of wind projects for an upcoming 4.2GW alternative sources auction.
FRANCE/SPAIN: Siemens has commissioned the high voltage direct current (HVDC) link between France and Spain to transport wind energy between the two countries.
GERMANY: The European Commission (EC) has approved government support for 20 offshore projects under state aid rules.
UK: The Conservative party, senior partner in the two-party coalition that has governed the UK since 2010, has pledged to "halt the spread of onshore wind farms" if it wins power in the general election on 7 May.
UNITED STATES: The number of jobs in the industry increased 40% in 2014, according to the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA).
GERMANY: The first foundation at Dong Energy's 582MW Gode Wind project in the North Sea has been installed.
DENMARK: Vestas has restructured the way its board of directors and executive management are rewarded.
CANADA: Siemens has secured an order for a 100MW project in Canada from the Northland Power-backed Grand Bend Wind Limited Partnership
UNITED STATES: The US government will invest $1.75 million in five projects developing initiatives to protect sensitive bat species against the affects of wind turbines.
UK: Senvion has won four orders from UK developer Blue Energy to provide 45MW of turbines to projects in the country.
SOUTH AFRICA: Enel Green Power has secured three energy supply contracts with state-utility Eskom totalling 425MW.
UK: Mainstream Renewable Power will use Siemens' new offshore transformer module, instead of a substation, at its 448MW Neart Na Gaoithe project in Scotland.
MEXICO: Acciona has been awarded a 129MW deal by an unnamed company for a project in Mexico.
GERMANY: Senvion unveiled the first turbine to use its "New Electrical System" (NES) at Hannover Messe on 13 April.
SPAIN: Gamesa has begun fitting blades to its 5MW prototype onshore turbine at its research facility in Alaiz to create the G132-5MW turbine.
NETHERLANDS: Foundations have been completed and the first tower installed at the 90MW Zuidwester project, along the Ijsselmeer lake.
SPAIN: Gamesa has begun fitting blades to its 5MW prototype turbine at its research facility in Alaiz to create the G132-5MW offshore turbine.
CHINA: Gamesa has been awarded two contracts in China to provide turbines totalling 98MW.
GERMANY: Senvion has launched a new system for its 3MW-platform range to focus on improving grid connectivity.
US: In the first quarter of 2015, wind speeds in California and Texas were the lowest in 47 years, according to weather monitoring firm Vaisala.
- Energy Department Awards $200 Million for Argonne's Next-Gen Supercomputer
- Energy Department to Fund R&D to Advance Low-Impact Hydropower Technologies
- U.S. Cities Among Latest to Join Global Climate Action Pledge
- USDA Awards Funds to Expand and Accelerate Wood Energy Markets
- Stevens Pioneers a Post-Hurricane Sandy World with SURE HOUSE
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2015 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year
- U.N. Report: Global Investment in Renewable Energy Rebounds in 2014
- Energy Department Publishes $1 Million H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition Specs
- Energy Department's Building America Program Seeks Feedback on Proposals
- U.S. Virgin Islands Ramping Up Clean Energy Efforts with an Eye Toward a Sustainable Future
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Alcoa for Automotive Sector
- Energy Department, DOI, and Army Corps of Engineers Renew Hydropower Partnership
- Cleveland Partners Recognized by Energy Department for Leadership in Saving Energy
- Virginia Receives First Offshore Wind Energy Research Lease in Federal Waters
- National Parks Move Forward on Sustainable Transportation in Partnership with Clean Cities
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- News story: Oil industry support set out