Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 1 hour 3 min ago
UK: Scotland has voted against separating from the UK in a historic referendum but change in the energy sector is still likely as powers are transferred north.
UK: Statoil intends to submit consent applications to construct its 30MW Hywind offshore floating project in January.
GERMANY: Nordex has announced plans to unveil a 64.4-metre blade at the WindEnergy Hamburg event next week (23-26 September).
SWEDEN: Vattenfall has decided to dismantle the 10MW Yttre Stengrund, its first Swedish offshore wind project, after 13 years of operation.
UK: The UK's wind industry could be boosted following the 'No' campaign's victory in the Scottish independence referendum although energy policy is likely to change.
UNITED STATES: Moventas is to establish a wind gearbox service facility in St Paul, Minnesota, to deal with what it described as "growing demand" in the US.
ISLE OF MAN: The Isle of Man has selected a developer to construct an offshore wind project in its territorial waters.
CROATIA: The International Finance Corporation (IFC) has arranged up to EUR 42.5 million in financing for a 34MW wind project in Croatia.
GERMANY: Siemens has grown swiftly to become a dominant force in the offshore wind market but has remained silent about its onshore wind performance and ambitions.
GERMANY: Siemens is set to launch a new low-wind turbine based on its existing 3MW platform.
CHINA: Goldwind has signed a CNY 2.7 billion ($439 million) generator supply deal with CNR Yongji Electric Equipment Company for 1.5MW and 2.5MW wind turbines.
UNITED STATES: A report from GE Energy Consulting has found that modern wind turbines could "substantially enhance" the resilience of the US Eastern Interconnection grid.
GERMANY: A 5MW lithium-ion battery storage unit designed by Younicos has been connected to the German grid.
SOUTH KOREA: Hyosung has had its 5MW Aerodyn-designed offshore turbine certified by German certification firm DEWI-OCC.
UNITED STATES: AMSC has claimed progress has been made this month in the trade secret and copyright infringement cases against Sinovel in the US and China.
UK: The UK's wind industry has launched British Wind, a campaign group aiming to end "discrimination" against onshore wind.
CANADA: New studies to examine the noise impacts and decommissioning requirements of offshore wind turbines do not signal a change in current policy prohibiting project development in the Great Lakes, according to the provincial government.
UNITED STATES: Duke Energy Renewable Services has been handed the servicing contract for Pattern Energy's 283MW Gulf Wind project in Texas.
CHILE: Chile's National Energy Commission (CNE) has unveiled new rules for electricity supply tenders, including renewables, in a bid to attract new investment from renewables developers.
UNITED STATES: The Connecticut supreme court has made a ruling that should open the way for the development of Connecticut's first utility-scale wind projects.
- Energy Department Recognizes University of Utah in Better Buildings Challenge
- USDA Announces $23 Million for Smart Grid Improvements
- DOT Funds 72 Transportation Projects in 2014
- Nevada Selected As Official Site for Tesla Battery Factory
- ARPA-E Project Takes an Innovative Approach to the Electrical Grid
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Industry Gets $7 Million Energy Department Investment
- Energy Department Announces $8 Million to Improve Resiliency of the Grid
- Energy Department Awards $4.5 Million for Wind Power Projects
- Project LIBERTY Biorefinery Starts Cellulosic Ethanol Production
- Training Veterans for Careers in Clean Energy
- IEA Forecasts Renewable Power Providing More Competitive Options
- California-Nevada Bikeway Wins EPA Green Transportation Award
- Report: Improvements at U.S. Data Centers Could Save $3 Billion Yearly
- Hawaii Energy Offers State's First-Ever Energy Efficiency Auction
- Small Towns Achieve Big Savings with Lighting Upgrades
- Speech: Speech to the Elmhurst Energy Conference
- Government response: New Climate Economy report
- News story: Energy Minister backs buy heating oil early campaign
- Speech: The UK government’s vision for a global climate deal
- Press release: Prosperity and growth hand in hand with carbon reduction
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Paris 2015: Securing our prosperity through a Global Climate Change Agreement
- Speech: Speech to Powering Up!
- News story: Non-domestic RHI events and roadshows
- Speech: Speech to Behave Conference
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 August 2014
- Government response: Response to Sunday Times article on value of homes in areas of shale extraction
- Government response: Response to Sunday Telegraph coverage of constraint payments report
- Press release: Nick Clegg meets Prime Minister Modi in New Delhi
- Press release: Deputy Prime Minister leads first trade delegation to meet new Indian government
- News story: Nick Clegg: India visit
- Massachusetts City Leads by Example with 1.8-MW Brownfield Solar Project
- Finalists for Renewable Energy World Projects of the Year 2014 Revealed
- New Research Improves on Earlier Bird-Killing Turbine Studies
- Canadian Solar Joins China Solar Financing Club
- US Navy, DOE, USDA Award $210 Million to Three Companies for Drop-in Biofuels