Wind Power Monthly
Wind Power News & Analysis RSS Feed
Updated: 8 hours 46 min ago
WORLDWIDE: Enel Green Power has said it plans to sell all of its French wind assets and seek a minority partner for its renewable developments in North America to free up funds for markets with high-growth potential.
UNITED STATES: AMSC has launched a 2MW turbine, with a 113-metre rotor, designed for low wind speed conditions.
UK: Electricty generated by offshore wind increased 51.5% in 2013, with onshore wind producing 40% more electricity compared to a year earlier.
GERMANY: Siemens has said saw a "significantly lower" revenue from its offshore wind division in the latest quarter, denting the wind division's margin.
UNITED STATES: TUV SUD PMSS will advice the US government on guidance for cable spacing for offshore wind projects.
UK: Statkraft has sold a 49% stake in its 142.2MW onshore wind portfolio to Chinese-backed firm Gingko Tree Investment.
SWEDEN: Allianz Capital Partners has chosen Vestas to supply and install the turbines on a 53MW wind project in Sweden.
UK: Dong and Centrica have announced they are ending their agreement with the Crown Estate to develop the 4.2GW Irish Sea offshore zone.
UNITED STATES: Iberdrola has started construction at the 202MW Baffin project in Texas, part of the 606MW Peñascal cluster.
BRAZIL: Wind power has once again dominated the applications for Brazil's upcoming reserve energy auction with 15.4GW of submissions.
SPAIN: Acciona reduced the loss from its wind division in the first half of the year, bringing it down from EUR 27 million a year before to just EUR 5 million.
KENYA: A consortium of Iberdrola and Gamesa has finished building a 13.6MW project in Kenya's Ngong Hills, 30 kilometres south-west of Nairobi, for state utility KenGen.
GERMANY: Germany installed 650 new turbines with a total capacity of 1,723MW onshore in the first 6 months of 2014, 66% more than the 1,038 MW installed in the previous year.
RUSSIA: The wind industry has called on the Russian government to change existing subsidy rules for wind energy generation, as GE and others prepare to manufacture in the country.
CHINA: Statistics released Monday by the National Energy Administration (NEA) show China connected 6.32GW of wind power capacity to its power grid in the first half-year, boosting the total to 82.77GW.
URUGUAY: Nordex has been handed a contract to construct a project in northeast Uruguay, which includes the supply of 20 turbines.
UNITED STATES: South Dakota Public Utilities Commission has ruled unanimously against a wind developer attempting to use state legislation to force six cooperatives to buy power from its wind projects in the state.
UNITED STATES: US military base Toole Army Depot is to install a second onsite turbine with a capacity of 2MW.
NETHERLANDS: Siemens Energy has been awarded the contract to supply turbines to the 144MW Westermeerwind near-shore project by owner Westermeerwind BV, as the project reaches financial close.
UNITED STATES: GE is to supply turbines with a capacity of 76MW for installation on two projects in India in which it has also taken a stake.
- Energy Department Invests $6 Million to Support Commercial Building Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces Distributed Wind Competitiveness Projects
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries
- EPA Starts Fifth-Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings
- Biomass Fueling America’s Growing Clean Energy Economy
- Energy Department Announces Up $31 Million for Geothermal Systems Field Observatory
- Energy Department and USDA Announce Bioenergy Projects in 10 States
- $4 Billion in Loan Guarantees Offered for Renewable, Energy Efficiency Projects
- Energy Department Selects $3.5 Million to Develop Algal Biofuels
- DOI Releases Ecosystems Carbon Report for Eastern United States
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Offshore Wind Energy Project
- Energy Department Launches Microgrid Competition
- New York Unveils First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Statewide Plan
- Texas Hits New Peak Wind Output
- Deploying American-Made Clean Energy Technologies in South Africa
- News story: Edward Davey statement on annual energy statistics
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 31 July 2014
- Press release: Statistical press release: Digest of UK energy statistics 2014
- Press release: ‘Calculator’ shows how renewable heating adds up
- Statement to Parliament: Outcome of the strategic environmental assessment
- Press release: New onshore licensing round opens
- Press release: Applications to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund close
- Press release: New long-term plan to safely dispose of radioactive waste
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Implementing Geological Disposal White Paper 2014
- Press release: Biomass calculator launched
- Press release: Over £200 million boost for renewables
- Press release: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund reaches £50 million milestone in six weeks
- Statement to Parliament: Future fuel poverty framework: target, strategy and advisory group
- Press release: Cutting the cost of keeping warm to tackle fuel poverty
- Statement to Parliament: Review of the Fourth Carbon Budget
- Three Geothermal Bills Look to Speed Up US Development
- Panasonic Agrees to Help Tesla Build Battery ‘Gigafactory’
- Beating the Heat: Hotel Reduces Cooling Costs by 44 Percent with New Solar Carport
- Grid Battery Storage: Four Reasons to Invest
- Case Study: Using OPC Software To Operate Wind Farms in Spain