Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 4 hours 17 min ago
INDIA: Inox Wind has won a contract from Tata Power Renewable Energy to supply the turbines for two wind projects in India with a combined capacity of 172MW.
BELGIUM: Gamesa has won a 17.5MW deal 7 G114-2.5MW low wind turbines to go to a project in Belgium.
GERMANY: Better late than never. Suzlon has agreed to sell its subsidiary Senvion to US firm Centerbridge Partners, in a deal that releases the Indian and German manufacturers from around seven years of financial constraint.
JAPAN: Pattern Development has bought a majority stake in Japanese wind and solar developer Green Power Investment Corporation (GPI).
DENMARK: Dong Energy is set to upgrade all 273 turbine blades at its 5-year-old 209MW Horns Rev 2 offshore project in the North Sea.
UK: The government has again increased the budget available for offshore developers in the upcoming Contracts for Difference (CfD) auction by £25 million (€33 million).
UNITED STATES: Cape Wind has been suspended from New England's wholesale electricity market and has pulled out of a lease for land that had been earmarked for staging the 468MW project.
CHINA: The amount of electricity generated by Chinese wind projects fell by 5.92% in 2014, according to the National Energy Administration (NEA).
GERMANY: Siemens Wind and Renewables had a mixed quarter, with a rise in revenue and profit, but a significant decline in orders.
UNITED STATES: Nordex has been handed a 30MW deal by Fair Wind Power Partners to supply turbines to a project in Maryland, northeast US.
BRAZIL: Gamesa has won the contract to supply the turbines for three of Iberdrola and Neoenergia's wind projects in Brazil with a combined capacity of 84MW.
CHINA: GE is to supply turbines with a capacity of 151MW to a project in China after winning an order from state-owned utility China Huaneng Corporation.
BRAZIL: Investigations are ongoing at utility Eletrobras's 46MW Cerro Chato IV-VI wind complex in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul following the collapse of eight Impsa turbines.
THAILAND: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed to provide up to $85 million in financing for an 81MW wind project in Thailand.
EGYPT: The deadline for bids for a 250MW project being tendered in the Gulf of Suez under a build, own and operate contract has been delayed again to 18 March.
Windpower Monthly asked experts what RWE's announcement that it will implement dramatic cuts to its renewables spending will mean for the wider wind industry.
EUROPE: Better planning on positioning renewable projects and greater interconnection between different markets could have saved the EU $140 billion, a report by the World Economic Forum (WEF) has found.
UNITED STATES: Installations in the US hit 4.7GW in 2014, a six-fold increase on the previous year, according to data from Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF).
UK: Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change Ed Davey attended a ceremony to mark the start of construction at Siemens' £310 million (€405 million) Green Port Hull facility in northeast England.
UNITED STATES: Siemens is to supply the turbines for a 48MW wind project in Kansas, after signing a deal with developer NJR Clean Energy Ventures.
- Energy Department Announces $55 Million to Advance Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- NREL Releases the 2013 Renewable Energy Data Book
- DOI Approves Southwest Transmission Line to Modernize Grid
- The Future is Now for Advanced Vehicles
- Sefaira OffersEnergyPlus-Based, Early-Stage Design Tool For Mechanical Engineers
- Energy Department Offers $3.6 Million Hydroelectric Production Incentive
- Solar Foundation Report: Solar Energy Jobs Surged in 2014
- NASA, NOAA Find 2014 Warmest Year in Modern Record
- High-Speed Rail Authority Hosts Official Groundbreaking Ceremony
- National Energy Education Summit to Electrify D.C.
- ARPA-E Offers $125 Million for Transformational Energy Projects
- Energy Department Offers $8 Million for Advanced MKH Energy Components
- Energy Department Announces $2.5 Million to Improve Wind Forecasting
- Bloomberg Report: Global Clean Energy Investment Climbs 16% in 2014
- GM Unveils New Plug-in EV Chevy Concept Car
- News story: UK’s first ever auction to reduce demand on electricity takes place today
- News story: 2 million families and pensioners to get money off energy bills
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 29 January 2015
- Speech: Energy storage innovation showcase
- Speech: The Prospects for Paris
- Speech: Launch of the 2050 Global Calculator
- News story: World-leading auctions for low carbon projects to begin in UK
- Press release: World can cut carbon emissions and live well
- News story: Shale developments to be banned in all UK national parks
- Statement to Parliament: Second Triennial Review of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM)
- News story: Win a share of £100k and cut your energy bills
- News story: Government seeks views on a new contract negotiation process for Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project
- Press release: Government schemes make winter warmer for one million homes
- News story: £7m boost to heat industry innovation
- Press release: Environment Agency grants shale gas permit for Preston New Road
- NRG Energy to Build Community Solar Projects in Colorado
- Can Utility Regulators Provide Leadership on Distributed Renewable Energy?
- Solar Outlook 2015: Still Growing, But No Longer Energy’s Young Kid
- Demand Response: A Valuable Tool that Can Help California Realize its Clean Energy Potential
- Distributed Bulk Storage: Is This the New Shape of the Grid?