Wind Power Monthly
Wind Power News & Analysis RSS Feed
Updated: 34 min 40 sec ago
PAKISTAN: The International Finance Corporation (IFC) has invested in a new 50MW wind farm to be developed in Pakistan.
MEXICO: The North American Development Bank (NADB) is funding two wind farms in Mexico with a combined capacity of 252MW.
UNITED STATES: French developer Akuo Energy has handed GE a 95MW order for the Rocksprings Phase I project in Texas.
FINLAND: Impax Asset Management has reached financial close on its 27MW Joukhaisselkä wind farm in northern Finland with Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken.
GERMANY: Tennet has chosen Siemens and Petrofac to supply technology for the BorWin3 grid connection, which will serve projects in the German North Sea.
CANADA: Siemens has agreed a deal with Algonquin Power and Utilities to provide ten 2.3MW wind turbines for the 23MW Morse project.
SOUTH AFRICA: South African energy minister Dikobe Ben Martins has confirmed that the government will select additional projects submitted in round three of the renewable energy independent power producers programme (REIPPP) announced last November.
CANADA: The 270MW South Kent wind project in Ontario has been completed and is fully operational, according to its developers, Samsung and Pattern Energy.
UK: The UK's Green Investment Bank's (GIB) recent decision to buy stakes in two of the country's offshore wind farms has been pounced on by the government as a sign that the industry is in rude health. The truth is a little more complicated.
DENMARK: LM Wind Power has blamed continued economic and political headwinds for a 29% slump in revenues last year.
JORDAN: Four companies have qualified and two have conditionally qualified to build, own and operate installations/facilities/wind power plant of 50-100MW in the north and east of Jordan.
GERMANY: Months of protests accompanied by a stream of suggestions for improvements from the German wind and renewables sector has resulted in a draft renewables law that could have been worse.
UNITED STATES: The US saw a 92% drop in installations in 2013, falling to just 1,087MW, according to the end of year report from the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA).
CHINA: DNV GL has certified Goldwind's 2.5MW wind turbine confirming it meets the standard IEC requirements.
MEXICO: Acciona has won a contract for the supply of turbines with a capacity of 252MW for installation on two wind farms in Mexico.
SPAIN: Iberdrola has designed a wind plant using a computational model; a tool the company plans to use from now on, both onshore and offshore.
UNITED STATES: Ikea has purchased the 98MW Hoopeston Wind in Illinois, the Sweish furniture retailer's first wind acquisition in the US.
UK: The UK's secretary of state for local government has extended the period of time during which he can personally rule on appeals against decisions to block onshore wind farms.
GERMANY: The European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) and WindEnergy Hamburg have struck a deal to hold a joint conference every two years in the German city.
DENMARK: Vestas has appointed Christian Venderby as a new group senior vice president and head of its services division.
- Energy Department Offers $4 Million to Advance Water Power
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Biofuels Technologies
- IPCC: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Accelerate Globally
- Report: States Achieve Big Savings with Energy Efficiency Targets
- Army Plans Largest Solar Array on a U.S. Military Installation
- BLM Seeks Public Interest for Solar Energy Development in Nevada Site
- The Final Countdown: 10 Schools Set to Face Off at Collegiate Wind Competition
- Energy Department Invests $3 Million to Advance Fuel Cell Market
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2014 Energy Star Partners of the Year
- LLNL Report: U.S. Energy Usage Up in 2013
- Volvo Recognized for Leadership in Energy Efficiency
- Deadline Extended for New Green Lease Recognition Program
- We're Data Jammin': Building Interactive Educational Materials to Teach Energy
- Energy Systems Integration Facility Named Lab of the Year
- Global Solar Deployment Exceeds Wind in 2013: Report
- News story: Edward Davey statement
- Speech: Edward Davey launches the Scotland Analysis Energy Paper
- Statement to Parliament: UK Downstream Oil Sector
- Statement to Parliament: Scotland Analysis: Energy
- Press release: “Energy bills will go up with independence” - Davey
- News story: New scheme offers cash incentive to households using renewable heating systems in their homes
- Press release: The UK’s rooftops to become power stations
- Speech: Office for Nuclear Regulation vesting event
- News story: Support for Local Authorities to keep homes warm and lower energy bills
- Press release: Wales Office Minister highlights government boost to community energy
- Speech: The role of energy innovation in helping the UK to meet its low carbon and energy security goals
- News story: Edward Davey statement
- Statement to Parliament: Triennial review report: Nuclear Liabilities Financing Assurance Board (NLFAB)
- Statement to Parliament: Thermal analysis review
- News story: United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report published