Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 5 hours 2 sec ago
NORWAY: Statkraft has reported lower earnings for its wind division in the second quarter following a fall off in production from its Sheringham Shoal offshore wind farm in the UK.
MEXICO: Indigenous community blockaders have told Windpower Monthly that 396MW Mareña wind farm in the Mexican state of Oaxaca will not be built and that the proposed turbines will be moved to two alternative sites.
Dong Energy has confirmed an agreed order for MHI Vestas' V164-8MW turbine to be used at the 258MW extension of the Burbo Bank offshore project in the Irish Sea.
GERMANY: Siemens has had to delay the installation of its turbines to the 312MW Borkum Riffgrund 1 site in the German North Sea "for a few weeks", the project's commissioning date would not be affected, it said.
UK: Investment fund Greencoat UK Wind has acquired a 51.6% stake in four UK projects with a total capacity of 87.5MW from the AES Corporation.
DENMARK: Vestas continued its strong start to the year with growth in revenues in the second quarter pushing the manufacturer into profit.
UNITED STATES: US Wind Inc. emerged the winner in the US's third offshore wind competitive lease auction, bidding $8.7 million for the rights to develop two parcels off the coast of Maryland.
UK: 2-B Energy has signed a deal with the Crown Estate to install two 6MW two-bladed turbines at the Methil demonstration project on the Scottish east coast.
RUSSIA: The Russian government may ease its stringent local-content requirements relating to wind developments.
CHINA: Longyuan Power saw its profits shrink in the first half of the year despite a strong showing from its wind business.
UNITED STATES: Starwood Energy Group has secured financing to build a 165MW wind project in Texas.
UNITED STATES: The price of wind energy in the US is at an all-time low, according to a new report from the Department of Energy.
WORLDWIDE: It is that time of year again when Windpower Monthly selects and ranks the most influential people in the wind power industry.
UNITED STATES: Drinks manufacturer Anheuser-Busch has installed a second turbine at its North California brewery, taking its total installed capacity to 4.1MW.
AUSTRALIA: Wind power developers, manufacturers and industry bodies have reacted to the potential abolition of the Renewable Energy Target (RET) to new companies, calling the move "reckless".
FRANCE: A test site for floating wind turbines in the Mediterranean has been approved by the regional authorities in France.
Windpower Monthly spoke to EWEA, Taxpayers' Alliance and the Irish Wind Energy Association (IWEA), about whether government subsidies should be paid to wind projects located in other countries in return for cross-border electricity.
WORLDWIDE: Of the 49 cases heard globally concerning claimed negative health effects related to wind turbines, 48 were found to have no reliable evidence supporting claims of health impacts, according to a new report.
UNITED STATES: Republican congressman Mike Pompeo has written a letter, signed by 53 other members, to the House leadership calling for the end of the production tax credit (PTC).
ITALY: Japan's largest wind power developer has acquired a 50% stake in several wind power ventures in Italy with a total capacity of 31MW.
- Energy Department Invests More Than $55 Million to Advance Efficient Vehicle Technologies
- Energy Department Reports Highlight Strength of U.S. Wind Energy Industry
- DOI Defines North Carolina Offshore Wind Energy Areas for Potential Development
- Energy Department Trains Veterans in Advanced Manufacturing
- Farm to Fly 2.0: Energy Department Joins Initiative to Bring Biofuels to the Skies
- Energy Department Announces $18 Million for Projects to Advance Geothermal Energy
- New Jersey Offshore Wind Firm Highlights Energy Department Grant
- EcoCAR 3 Kicks Off in September
- Energy Department Increases Access to Energy-Department-Funded Scientific Research
- New National Clean Fleets Partners Build New Roads to Sustainability
- Energy Department Announces $11 Million for Carbon Fiber from Biomass
- EIA: Other Renewables Surpassing Hydropower Generation
- Army Adds Small Businesses to $7 Billion Renewable Energy Contract
- Tesla to Build Battery Factory to Advance the EV, Storage Markets
- How Construction Workers are Helping to Build the Clean Energy Economy
- Government response: Response to Daily Record article on UK oil and gas reserves
- Press release: Regions given helping hand to develop locally sourced heat
- Press release: Government publishes CCS scoping document
- Press release: Small energy suppliers the winner from increased switching
- Press release: Plans for tough new energy market manipulation penalties
- News story: NMO enforcement authority annual report 2013-14
- News story: Radical reforms to electricity market pass into law
- News story: Edward Davey statement on annual energy statistics
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 31 July 2014
- Press release: Statistical press release: Digest of UK energy statistics 2014
- Press release: ‘Calculator’ shows how renewable heating adds up
- Statement to Parliament: Outcome of the strategic environmental assessment
- Press release: New onshore licensing round opens
- Press release: Applications to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund close
- Press release: New long-term plan to safely dispose of radioactive waste
- Third US Offshore Wind Lease Auction Goes to Italy-based US Wind
- UK Supermarket To Be Powered Exclusively by Waste-To-Energy Plant
- Australia Chills Hopes for $20 Billion Clean Energy Industry
- NRG Just Purchased a Consumer Solar Gadget Company. Can You Make the Same Solar Marketing Play?
- Lubricating Energy Policy