Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 3 hours 4 min ago
UK: The Crown Estate has published data collected from the abandoned Atlantic Array offshore project on its Marine Data Exchange.
CHINA: China's National Energy Administration (NEA) is to join forces with the other government departments to revamp the country's offshore wind policy.
FRANCE: The French government has announced a rise in installation figures for the first time in three years.
GERMANY: Mita-Teknik has signed a deal that will see German turbine servicing firm SeebaWind retrofit its technology to turbines in Europe.
POLAND: EDF Energies Nouvelles has ordered Vestas turbines with a capacity of 58MW for installation at a project in Poland.
CHINA: Sinovel has said that it is "unable to predict" the likely impact on its profits from its legal battles with AMSC.
UNITED STATES: The University of Maine (UMaine) has taken delivery of a 54-metre blade in order to perform tests for an unnamed manufacturer.
CHINA: Sinovel has announced revenues of CNY 2.05 billion ($333 million) for the first half year, a 47.7% increase on the same period in 2013, but still failed to make a profit.
This week, Windpower Monthly has spoken to US turbine manufacturer GE, and recruitment consultants Allen and Yorke, and EarthStream to discuss the biggest challenges in recruitment facing the wind industry.
UK: Developers looking to apply for the UK's Contract for Difference (CfD) subsidy will be able to do so from 14 October, the government has confirmed.
GERMANY: Allianz Global Investors, a division of the German insurance firm Allianz, has acquired two German projects with a combined capacity of 36MW from developer UKA.
FINLAND: Vestas will supply nine 3.3MW turbines to German developer Reconcept's Ylivieska Pajukoski project in northern Finland.
SAMOA: A 550kW development has been commissioned in Samoa, becoming the country's first wind project.
RUSSIA: Russian prime minister Dmitry Medvedev has signed a decree approving plans for Russia to become a member of the International Renewable Energy Agency (Irena).
BRAZIL: Blade producer Tecsis is to increase its manufacturing capability with the addition of a new factory in the state of Bahia, where many new projects are planned.
BRAZIL: Vestas hopes to achieve its target of 25% of the Brazilian market in three years by focusing on what Vestas Brazil president Ruben Lao believes is the quality of its products.
GERMANY: This week, Dong Energy released pictures of a suction bucket foundation installation at the 312MW Borkum Riffgrund offshore project in the North Sea.
CHILE: Pattern Energy is set to develop further projects in Chile, following changes to long-term tendering rules, according to Pattern CEO Mike Garland. However, the company has no plans to look at other Latin American countries.
CHINA: Goldwind has suspended trading in its shares due to the impending announcement of a "major event".
SPAIN: Acciona has reached an agreement with its partner KKR on plans to list foreign wind assets as a yieldco on an international stock exchange.
- Energy Department Announces $17 Million to Advance Highway Transportation Technologies
- Eight National Labs Collaborating on New Climate Change Project
- DOI Auctions 80,000 Acres Offshore Maryland for Wind Energy Development
- MIT Study: Cutting Greenhouse Gas Emissions Could Pay for Itself
- Road to Fuel Savings: Ford, Magna Partnership Helps Vehicles Shed the Pounds
- Energy Department Invests More Than $55 Million to Advance Efficient Vehicle Technologies
- Energy Department Reports Highlight Strength of U.S. Wind Energy Industry
- DOI Defines North Carolina Offshore Wind Energy Areas for Potential Development
- Energy Department Trains Veterans in Advanced Manufacturing
- Farm to Fly 2.0: Energy Department Joins Initiative to Bring Biofuels to the Skies
- Energy Department Announces $18 Million for Projects to Advance Geothermal Energy
- New Jersey Offshore Wind Firm Highlights Energy Department Grant
- EcoCAR 3 Kicks Off in September
- Energy Department Increases Access to Energy-Department-Funded Scientific Research
- New National Clean Fleets Partners Build New Roads to Sustainability
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 August 2014
- Government response: Response to Sunday Times article on value of homes in areas of shale extraction
- Government response: Response to Sunday Telegraph coverage of constraint payments report
- Press release: Nick Clegg meets Prime Minister Modi in New Delhi
- Press release: Deputy Prime Minister leads first trade delegation to meet new Indian government
- News story: Nick Clegg: India visit
- Press release: World’s biggest tidal array to bring energy and jobs boost to North Scotland
- Government response: Response to Daily Record article on UK oil and gas reserves
- Press release: Regions given helping hand to develop locally sourced heat
- Press release: Government publishes CCS scoping document
- Press release: Small energy suppliers the winner from increased switching
- Press release: Plans for tough new energy market manipulation penalties
- News story: NMO enforcement authority annual report 2013-14
- News story: Radical reforms to electricity market pass into law
- News story: Edward Davey statement on annual energy statistics
- Drillers Look for Geothermal in the Depths of Paris
- Tesla Charges China's EV Industry with Mobile Carrier Partnership
- Listen Up: Let's Talk Solar Water Heating
- China's Shunfeng Aims for 3 GW of Installations to Rival Biggest Solar Makers
- Australia's Renewable Industry Imperiled Pending Policy Review