Wind Power Monthly
Read the latest wind industry & renewable energy companies, policy, wind farm projects & technology news, analysis on Windpower Monthly
Updated: 6 hours 41 min ago
UNITED STATES: Two projects have been dropped from the Department of Energy (DOE)'s offshore demonstration programme, to be replaced by Aqua Ventus and Icebreaker.
EUROPE: Recent project progress from ScottishPower Renewables' 1.2GW East Anglia Three as it begins on the planning process, Eneco's Norther site and the Burbo Bank Extension in the Irish Sea.
GERMANY: Senvion will install a prototype of its new 3.4M140 low-wind turbine in Janneby, northern Germany.
UNITED STATES: The American Wind Energy Assocation (AWEA) has hit back at Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump following the billionaire's speech on energy in North Dakota.
UNITED STATES: Compliance with renewable portfolio standards (RPS) cost US consumers an average $12/MWh in 2014 - or a total of $2.6 billion.
ITALY: After years of slow growth, replacing old turbines with higher-capacity new machines is key for the country to reach its 2020 and 2030 wind-energy targets, but there are obstacles.
UNITED STATES: The long-term phase-out of the production tax credit (PTC) is bringing more tax equity investors into the US market, leaving developers hopeful it will make what has always been their most expensive source of capital more affordable.
GERMANY: WIV, German operator of online marketplace wind-turbine.com has acquired Dutch counterpart portal windturbines-marketplace.com from Windbrokers Europe, expanding its reach of new and used wind turbine buyers and sellers.
UNITED STATES: The US wind sector needs to be both humble and paranoid as it navigates through the five-year production tax credit (PTC) phase out and prepares to compete without subsidies.
DENMARK: Danish offshore wind developer Dong Energy has set an indicative price range of DKK 200-255 (€26.89 - 34.29) per share ahead of its planned initial public offering (IPO) this summer.
UNITED STATES: Windpower Monthly is bringing you news from the third and final day of Windpower 2016, the American Wind Energy Association's (AWEA) annual conference and exhibition, in New Orleans.
UNITED STATES: White goods manufacturer Whirlpool is adding to its wind power generation by installing four Goldwind turbines at two additional Ohio factories.
GERMANY: Members of the German wind industry will protest today and on 2 June over the proposed changes to the renewable energy act.
UNITED STATES: With the help of its newly-acquired offshore business, the manufacturer is looking to double its share in the European market, said GE's onshore wind CEO Anne McEntee.
UNITED STATES: Turbine manufacturers Goldwind and Senvion are aiming to become top-tier manufacturers in the US, said company executives during AWEA Windpower 2016.
UNITED STATES: Windpower Monthly is bringing you news from the second day of Windpower 2016, the American Wind Energy Association's (AWEA) annual conference and exhibition, in New Orleans.
UNITED STATES: The Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) plans to keep zero limit on golden eagle strike as report suggests population is declining. But 'incidental' permits may be extended to 30 years.
UNITED STATES: The global wind industry is in New Orleans this week (23-36 May) for the American Wind Energy Association's (AWEA) Windpower 2016 annual conference and exhibition.
UK: RES has signed a four-year deal with grid operator National Grid to provide a battery storage system to aid grid balancing in the UK.
IRELAND: Mainstream Renewable Power CEO Eddie O'Connor has been made a global ambassador for the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC).
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Speech: Government’s vision for shale gas in securing home grown energy supplies for the UK
- News story: Greater security for North Sea Oil and Gas as Energy Bill becomes law
- Press release: New Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- News story: Head of Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons announced
- News story: Securing the UK’s electricity supply
- Speech: Realising the vision for a new fleet of nuclear power stations
- Speech: HM Treasury analysis on the EU referendum: George Osborne's speech
- News story: Amber Rudd statement on the death of Sir David MacKay
- Press release: UK, US and EU sign landmark deal to turn nuclear material into cancer-fighting treatment
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2016
- Press release: Electric shock of Brexit could see UK energy costs rocket by half a billion pounds
- Speech: Amber Rudd’s speech on the energy benefits of staying in the EU
- News story: 5 reasons why we are backing Hinkley Point C
- News story: Biggest ever investigation into energy market builds on what government is doing to keep bills down
- News story: New Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Defence
- Trina Solar Sees Shipments Rising Despite Slowdown in China
- Renewable Energy Job Growth Unique in Global Energy Sector
- Renewable Resources Set New Records in US Electricity Generation in 1Q16
- Teachable Moments in Next-generation Electricity
- Whirlpool Corporation amps up commitment to clean energy with newest Ohio wind power farm