South Africa’s Energy Minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson said this week that the country would chose a strategic partner or partners by the end of the year who would help build a fleet of nuclear power plants. Newswire service AFP reported that South Africa’s goal is to build eight nuclear...(read more)
GERMANY: Nordex has announced its chief executive Jurgen Zeschky is to leave the company after just over four years in the role.
UK: MHI-Vestas (MV) has entered into a conditional agreement with the developers behind the Navitus Bay for the supply of up to 960MW.
WORLDWIDE: Recent updates from projects in Germany, the UK's Gwynt y Mor and Deepwater Wind's Block Island project in the US.
UNITED STATES: GE has launched a digital tool to help design projects using holograms and allow turbines to communicate with each other, boosting project output.
Canadian valve-maker Velan Inc. said Tuesday that it had been awarded a major contract from the nuclear sector in China. Specifically, Velan S.A.S., a Velan Inc. subsidiary located in Lyon, France, has been awarded important contracts for the supply of nuclear class valves to China Nuclear Power Engineering...(read more)
Efforts to restart Japan’s nuclear power plants suffered a setback and a victory this week, as a district court upheld an injunction preventing one restart and the Nuclear Regulatory Agency approved the restart of another reactor. The Fukui District Court’s ruling prevents the restart...(read more)
UK: The 402MW Dudgeon offshore project, developed by Statoil and Statkraft in the North Sea, has reached a contractual milestone as part of its Contract for Difference (CfD) subsidy.
UNITED STATES: GE has started shipping its new 'Space Frame' tower, designed to use up to 50% less steel, to Germany.
CHINA: Gamesa has been awarded a 100MW deal by Hebei Construction and Investment (HCI) to supply turbines to a project in Zhangjiakou, northeast China.
The Energy Department announced winners of its seventh annual Next Generation Luminaires design competition for indoor and outdoor lighting.
The Energy Department released the 2014 Hydropower Market Report, the first ever report to quantify the current size, scope, and variability of U.S. hydropower supplies.
The Energy Department announced that it is extending the application deadline for the third round of Strategic Technical Assistance Response Team (START) Renewable Energy Project Development Assistance to May 22.
OptiBit won first at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Clean Energy Prize Grand Finals in the Energy Department’s National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition.
UNITED STATES: Higher hub heights could increase the amount of land available for wind development by 54%, a report by the US Department of Energy (DoE) has found.
Electricity de France Chief Executive Officer Jean-Bernard Levy confirmed Tuesday that the company, which operates more nuclear power plants than any other, is preparing a bid for the Areva’s reactor division, which analysts say is valued at about $3.3 billion. Levy said there was “a certain...(read more)
UNITED STATES: The final day at AWEA Windpower 2015 in Orlando, Florida, the exhibition floor featured various virtual reality demonstrations, exhibitors reported deals being made despite fewer attendees than last year's event, and Vestas discussed plans to grow its service business by 30%.
UNITED STATES: Day two of the annual wind industry gathering featured discussions on the future worth of the PTC, trends in finance and maintenance, and plans from Vestas and Acciona in the US.
UNITED STATES: US energy secretary calls for expansion of wind's footprint across the US, Siemens unveils low-wind 2.3MW turbine, and GE launches wind farm design and management product for 20% better power output.
South Carolina Electric & Gas said in a regulatory filing that Unit 2 at the VC Summer nuclear plant construction site would not be completed until 10 August 2019, pushing the completion date back from a previous estimate of June 2019. Construction of VC Summer Unit 3, however, was estimated to have...(read more)
- ARPA-E Announces 18 New Residential Heat and Bioenergy Crop Projects
- Energy Department Launches Clean Energy Initiatives
- IEA Report Offers Global Energy Emissions Strategy
- EASI House Reflects New England—With a Dash of Central America
- Energy Department Announces Funding to Develop Aggregate Purchasing Models
- Energy Department Recognizes Denver Area Partners for Housing and Building Efficiency
- USDA Invests $6.7 Million in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition: Five Regional Winners Head to Final Round in Washington, D.C.
- The Ohio State University Wins Year One of North American EcoCAR 3 Competition
- Energy Department, Edison Electric Institute to Advance Electric Vehicle Technologies
- USDA Announces Restart of Biomass Crop Assistance Program for Renewable Energy
- Cal Poly’s INhouse Opens to the Outdoors of Coastal California
- Annual Merit Review Evaluates Impact of Sustainable Transportation Projects
- Energy Department Evaluates Potential for Wind Power in 50 States
- SunShot Announces Solar Start-Up Winners
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom’s Speech to the Nuclear Industry Association
- News story: Smart Energy GB Chair completes term
- News story: DECC sets out its Capacity Market parameters for 2019/20 auction
- Speech: Association of Decentralised Energy speech
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - June 2015
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 25 June 2015
- News story: Heat network innovation competition
- Speech: Address to the RenewablesUK Offshore Wind Conference
- Statement to Parliament: Statement on ending subsidies for onshore wind
- Statement to Parliament: Ending new subsidies for onshore wind
- News story: Changes to onshore wind subsidies protect investment and get the best deal for bill payers
- Statement to Parliament: Establishment of the Oil and Gas Authority
- Government response: DECC responds to recent coverage on shale regulation
- Press release: Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project gets green light on planning
- Speech: Iraqi Petroleum Conference 2015