UK: A new report by a right-wing think-tank has criticised the UK energy department's handling of renewable energy subsidies, and called for continued support for onshore wind.
EUROPE: Research centre ORE Catapult will be involved in a €7.3 million research project to develop floating foundation concepts for 10MW turbines.
The Indian Point Nuclear Plant Unit 3 safely and automatically shut down as designed following a failure of one of two main electrical transformers at the plant on May 9, 2015. Following the transformer failure an automatic sprinkler system, along with trained onsite personnel, extinguished the fire...(read more)
Maintain your aging 10-50 mA process control loop instrumentation with new high precision calibrator from PIE
--- Press Release --- The PIECAL 850 Multifunction Process calibrator is a new design for your older 10-50mA instruments. Unique features include built-in troubleshooting tools patented by Practical Instrument Electronics. It also has an internal 42V power supply which is able to drive transmitters...(read more)
An inspection team from the International Atomic Energy Agency has told the Tokyo Electric Power Company to update its emergency manual at its idled Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear power plant to reflect changes that have come about as a result of the Fukushima Daiichi accident of 2011. Otherwise, its initial...(read more)
Twenty months of negotiations between Iran and six of the world’s strongest nations – The United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany – came to a close Tuesday with a deal that would reportedly extend Iran’s nuclear bomb breakout time to one year, while lifting import...(read more)
National Grid have published their winter outlook report.
UNITED STATES: Australian developer Infigen has sold its 1.1GW US wind portfolio to private equity firm Primary Power LLC for $272.5 million.
UNITED STATES: The cloud-computing arm of Amazon.com has signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) for a 208MW project, the first in south east US.
GERMANY: Developer EnBW has awarded Vestas a 148.5MW turbine order to supply a number of projects in Germany.
With support from the Energy Department and the U.S. Navy, a prototype wave energy device has advanced from initial concept to grid-connected, open-sea pilot testing.
Recently, the Energy Department announced the national laboratories who will be taking the lead in implementing a new Small Business Vouchers Pilot, a public-private partnership that will connect clean energy innovators across the country with the top-notch scientists, engineers, and world-class facilities at our national laboratories.
The Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) announced five new partnerships that will award up to $6.5 million in federal funds to technical teams throughout the country.
Following a record-breaking non-stop flight of five days and nights from Japan, a Swiss solar-powered aircraft landed in Honolulu, Hawaii, on July 3. However, because of battery damage, it is expected to remain there until next April.
The Carbon Fiber Technology Facility at the Energy Department’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory offers a unique, highly flexible, highly instrumented research space.
There are no technical issues that stand in the way of 20-year license renewals for two Exelon Generation Company nuclear power plants in Illinois, the Byron and Braidwood plants that house two reactors each, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said. Exelon submitted applications in May 2013 to have...(read more)
Honeywell Federal Manufacturing and Technologies LLC, a division of Honeywell International, has been awarded a 10-year, $9 billion contract, to manage and operate the National Nuclear Security Administration’s campus in Kansas City, Mo., which handles non-nuclear components for nuclear weapons...(read more)
NORWAY/UK: The contracts for the 1.4GW North Sea Network (NSN) Link have been awarded to ABB, Prysmian Cables and Nexans by transmission operators Statnett and National Grid.
UNITED STATES: Senators from both major US political parties have introduced a bill to provide tax incentives to early investors in offshore wind in the US.
India will extend its nuclear fuel cooperation with Kazakhstan with a deal struck during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit last week for 5,000 metric tons of nuclear fuel to be delivered 2015 through 2019. Currently, India has seven nuclear power plants (representing 21 reactors) with six...(read more)
- $1 Billion in Energy Department Initiatives for Clean Energy Technologies
- Energy Department Awards Up to $9 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Systems
- DOI Approves 485-Megawatt Blythe Mesa Solar Project in California
- Team NY Alfred Creates a Model for Western New York State
- Energy Department Recognizes Arizona’s School District in Better Buildings Challenge
- ARPA-E Announces Five New Projects to Reduce Transportation Energy Use
- NREL Report Examines Energy Use in Cities and Proposes Next Steps for Energy Innovation
- Safer Access to Offshore Wind Turbine Platforms is Demonstrated
- Energy Department Reports Highlight Trends of Growing U.S. Wind Energy Industry
- Energy Department Awards $7.4 Million for Wave and Tidal Energy Systems
- USDA Invests $63 Million to Support Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- Team Orange County Sprouts Casa del Sol on Its Home Turf
- Energy Department to Fund Master’s and Doctoral Training in Power Electronics
- EIA: U.S. Electricity from Renewables to Grow 1.8% in 2015
- United States and China Agree to Second Solar Decathlon China
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- News story: Faster decision making on shale gas for economic growth and energy security
- News story: Minister of State visits Doe Green IGas site
- News story: Offshore wind farm gets the go ahead
- News story: Official response to provisional CMA report
- News story: Statistical press release: Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 30 July 2015
- Press release: New offshore oil and gas exploration licences awarded
- News story: Combatting climate change: a vital safety net for families and businesses
- Speech: Secretary of State speech on Climate Change
- Press release: Green Deal Finance Company funding to end
- News story: Two new gas power stations given green light
- Statement to Parliament: Levy Control Framework cost controls
- Press release: Controlling the cost of renewable energy