A Brazilian federal court has suspended an operating license for the 11.2-GW Belo Monte hydroelectric plant, stating that its developers have failed to provide water and sewage services to areas near the project.
For Elon Musk, the ifs are piling up. A day after fresh disclosures about Musk’s controversial plan to merge his Tesla Motors Inc. and SolarCity Corp., his money-losing solar company, shares of both companies plunged anew Thursday.
With just over 70 days left until the general election, presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump offer voters two very different visions for the country’s energy agenda and the future of renewables.
Notes from the Solar Underground: The Solar Roller Coaster and those along for the ride — First Solar, SunPower, Q-Cells
Roller coaster is an apt word for the experience of many, if not all, solar industry participants. It’s exciting. It’s fun. The difference is that real roller coasters are fun for most people while the solar roller coaster may be fun on the way up but once it swoops down and around it is definitely not fun. For those whose dreams are dashed along the way, it is tragic.
Range anxiety: a concern for drivers of alternative fuel vehicles. Help is planned, however — thanks to the federal transportation bill passed last December.
It is very hard to put all the Sub-Saharan Africa countries into the same basket and define a regular, simple and straightforward mechanism to boost solar investments. However, I believe that the Zambia solar case could be applied to many other countries in the region — which would be a win-win deal for all the stakeholders.
Abengoa SA plans to resume work in the next few months on Latin America’s first solar-thermal plant, as the Spanish renewable energy company comes back from the brink of bankruptcy, people with knowledge of the matter said.
IEEE Green Tech Consensus Building — Smart Grid, Energy Efficiency and Communication Standards Meeting Renewable Energy Goals
There are many challenges associated with bringing renewables online, as well as empowering end users with the information and communication tools needed to help them better manage energy use.
A sustained seven-year effort by U.S. wind power firm Cordisons International Ltd. to put up a multimillion dollar 90-MW wind farm in Kenya may have come to an end after the country’s land custodian National Land Commission (NLC) declined to grant the company lease for some 11,000 acres of land it had sought, arguing that the firm had ignored procedures in applying for land.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Press release: Statement from Greg Clark, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- News story: DECC in the Media blog
- News story: Government announces Capacity Market auction parameters
- Government response: Committee on Climate Change report and government response on the compatibility of UK onshore petroleum with meeting the UK’s carbon budgets
- Press release: Opportunities identified for oil and gas sector workforce
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom speech to Utility Week Energy Summit
- Press release: Business Secretary to chair government group focused on business engagement following referendum
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - June 2016
- News story: Government’s ‘central heating for cities’ scheme to bring energy bills down
- Speech: Amber Rudd speech to the Business & Climate Summit
- Studied To Death — Solar Customers Don't Harm Non-Solar Ratepayers
- Trial Begins for German Storage Facility Built with Used EV Batteries
- Spain Closes In on 50 Percent Renewable Power Generation
- US Presidential Debate: Hillary Advocates for Solar, Trump Criticizes Clean Energy Support
- Jordanian Firm May Benefit from Kenya’s ‘Silicon Savannah’