The U.S. Army has signed a contract for its biggest renewable-energy project yet, picking Apex Clean Energy Inc. to provide 65 MW of solar and wind energy at Fort Hood in Texas.
Which country in the Middle East and North Africa has the greatest and most realistic solar potential in the next five years?
China’s renewable energy and nuclear energy industries are benefiting at the expense of coal as the nation shifts away from heavy industry, a finding underscored by data showing power consumption edged only slightly higher last year amid broad structural changes.
Abu Dhabi renewable energy company Masdar is to develop a 200 MW solar PV project in Jordan.
Activity on Google indicates that interest in microgrid development is on the uptick. Google tracks how many people search on a term and charts the interest over time.
IHI Corp., a Japanese maker of heavy equipment, is promoting a method to increase the ratio of woody biomass that’s able to be burned at coal-fired power plants amid increasing pressure to curb the carbon dioxide emissions that result from power generation.
December flooding has wreaked havoc on two community hydroelectric projects in Lancashire, England. In Halton, on Dec. 6, the River Lune floodwaters shut down the 100-kW Halton Lune Hydro facility at Forge Weir. Twenty days later on Dec. 26, about 40 miles southeast of Halton in Whalley, floodwaters from the River Calder knocked the 100-kW Whalley Community Hydro project offline.
SunEdison Inc., the worst-performing clean-energy company, bought a minority stake in a portfolio of Dominion Resources Inc. solar power assets and then immediately sold the bundle to a partnership it formed last year with JPMorgan Chase & Co., its second such deal in a month.
The price of solar PV systems installed on homes and small businesses spans a wide range, and researchers from the U.S. Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) have published a new study that reveals the key market and system drivers for low-priced PV systems.
Four renewable energy projects in developing countries have secured vital funding loans totalling $46 million.
- City and State Partners Announced in the Better Buildings SEED Platform Collaborative
- Energy Department Announces $21 Million to Lower Solar Energy Deployment Barriers
- EIA Report: Renewables to Increase by 9.5% in 2016
- Utilities Bringing More Solar Energy to Families and Businesses
- Energy Department Invests in Clean Energy at Federal Facilities
- Teaming Up to Apply Advanced Manufacturing Methods to Wind Turbine Production
- NASA, NOAA Find 2014 Warmest Year in Modern Record
- 3 Reasons Why Advanced Manufacturing Institutes Matter
- Energy Department Announces $58 Million for Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Technologies
- Energy Department Announces 16 Collegiate Teams to Compete in Solar Decathlon 2017
- New York State Launches $5 Billion Clean Energy Fund
- The Year of the Fuel Cell: Looking Back to Get Ahead
- State RPS Yielded $7.4 Billion in Benefits in 2013
- USDA Awards $46 Million to Boost Energy Efficiency in Vermont
- NASA Research Could Save Airlines Billions of Dollars
- News story: Evaluation of Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Speech: Lord Bourne's speech on Investing in Green Innovation
- News story: Review of Tidal Lagoons
- News story: Getting smart with your energy
- News story: World’s largest offshore wind farm to be built in the UK
- Press release: PM announces further boost for UK oil and gas industry
- Press release: UK government confirms £250 million City Deal for Aberdeen
- News story: Transitional arrangements auction closes
- News story: What the Government is doing to secure investment in clean, secure and affordable energy
- News story: Transitional arrangements auction launches
- News story: Gas and Electricity Markets Authority Appointments
- News story: Consent approved for the Hinkley Point C connection project
- News story: Consultation to encourage innovation
- News story: New board member appointed to Coal Authority
- Press release: Winter 2015 floods: PM chairs COBR meeting
- Bet on Biofuels, Not Russian Gas, Former NATO Chief Tells EU
- Five States Forging Ahead With Obama Power Plan, Court Hold or Not
- Energy Bill Amendment Would Streamline Administration’s Approach to Biomass
- The Big Question Day 2: What Is Your Greatest Concern for Your Industry in 2016?
- The Usual Suspects in Renewable Jet Fuels