While Germany is often lauded for its Energiewende, a new report released by Zurich-based Finadvice for the Edison Electric Institute explains the consequences of its transition, which include high electricity prices, subsidy debts, grid instability, and costly grid upgrades.
While relatively young, the solar market is an increasingly important and vital part of the American economy. What are the trends in this booming market, and what forces are at work? Which sectors of the market are strongest, and why? What are the prospects for solar energy in the near future? For the seventh year, I've authored IREC's U.S. Solar
Surging demand for high-performance batteries triggered the largest-ever deal for lithium, the lightweight metal that’s a key component of the power systems in smartphones and electric cars.
Shinsei Bank Ltd., a lender for Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s clean-energy projects in Japan, plans to provide as much as 200 billion yen (US $2 billion) in loans for renewable developments.
Installing tidal lagoon power plants at a half-dozen sites across the country may add as much as 27 billion pounds ($46 billion) to the U.K. economy over a 12-year span starting as early as next year, according to a report.
Intersolar North America 2014 in San Francisco was heralded as a success by many of the estimated 550 exhibitors at the show, attendance at which was slightly smaller than last year, but “more intense,” exhibitors said. Expected to attract 27,000 attendees and exhibitors overall, the show varied its program this year to broaden topic coverage into areas like energy storage and balance-of-system costs in order to honor more industry icons and market innovators.
The 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC) has come out, and this version holds a bit of solar intrigue even for those who are not involved with engineering or construction. In response to safety concerns for first responders, like firefighters, the 2014 NEC now requires solar energy systems to have a “Rapid Shutdown” function. In simple terms, the
The need for a complete energy storage solution is becoming more acute where fields of wind turbines are already generating gigawatts of electricity, often with a significant mismatch in grid power demand.
Plant Vogtle Celebrates 25 Years at Unit 2 and ANS Training Award (With Time-Lapse Construction Video)
- Energy Department Announces Up $31 Million for Geothermal Systems Field Observatory
- Energy Department and USDA Announce Bioenergy Projects in 10 States
- $4 Billion in Loan Guarantees Offered for Renewable, Energy Efficiency Projects
- Energy Department Selects $3.5 Million to Develop Algal Biofuels
- DOI Releases Ecosystems Carbon Report for Eastern United States
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Offshore Wind Energy Project
- Energy Department Launches Microgrid Competition
- New York Unveils First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Statewide Plan
- Texas Hits New Peak Wind Output
- Deploying American-Made Clean Energy Technologies in South Africa
- Energy Department Awards $100 Million for Innovative Energy Research
- ARPA-E Awards $33 Million for New Fuel Cell Projects
- DOI Announces Largest U.S. Offshore Wind Energy Area for Development
- Small Businesses Receive $3 Million in Support from the Energy Department
- Small Business Innovation Research Projects to Make a Big Impact on Clean Energy Economy
- Press release: Applications to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund close
- Press release: New long-term plan to safely dispose of radioactive waste
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Implementing Geological Disposal White Paper 2014
- Press release: Biomass calculator launched
- Press release: Over £200 million boost for renewables
- Press release: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund reaches £50 million milestone in six weeks
- Statement to Parliament: Future fuel poverty framework: target, strategy and advisory group
- Press release: Cutting the cost of keeping warm to tackle fuel poverty
- Statement to Parliament: Review of the Fourth Carbon Budget
- News story: New world refrigerator ecodesign investigation
- Speech: Speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014
- Press release: Boost for business energy efficiency and electricity sector investment
- Press release: UK calls for major changes to EU’s “cap and trade” emissions system
- Press release: Government commits £15m to kickstart new regulator in response to Wood Review
- Press release: Rampion offshore wind farm gets go ahead from Government, supporting over 750 jobs