Norway, which aims to triple wind capacity by the end of the decade, has erected one turbine for every seven installed in Sweden since the countries signed a pact to share renewable production two years ago. Norway, western Europe’s biggest oil and gas producer, has so far installed less than 10 percent of what it’s expected to complete by 2020 under the accord.
In India, it is presumed that the grid is a better source of electricity. Locations are prioritized by those least likely to get grid electricity in the near future are chosen first for solar deployment.
“Utility regulation and rates is a contact sport,” says Karl Rabago, and that makes the implementation of a new “value of solar” policy complex. Will distributed solar grow better with a transparent, value-based contract price? How does it differ from net metering? Is Minnesota’s law a precedent to follow? Prepare yourself for a deep dive in this e
A vote for independence in Scotland may halt work on renewable power projects that support 14 billion pounds ($23 billion) of investment and 12,000 jobs by raising questions about how developers would get subsidies, an energy supplier said.
Tesla Motors Inc.’s Elon Musk said the electric-car maker may form another partnership with Toyota Motor Corp., as the companies conclude an initial vehicle project that met with mixed results.
- Energy Department Recognizes University of Utah in Better Buildings Challenge
- USDA Announces $23 Million for Smart Grid Improvements
- DOT Funds 72 Transportation Projects in 2014
- Nevada Selected As Official Site for Tesla Battery Factory
- ARPA-E Project Takes an Innovative Approach to the Electrical Grid
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Industry Gets $7 Million Energy Department Investment
- Energy Department Announces $8 Million to Improve Resiliency of the Grid
- Energy Department Awards $4.5 Million for Wind Power Projects
- Project LIBERTY Biorefinery Starts Cellulosic Ethanol Production
- Training Veterans for Careers in Clean Energy
- IEA Forecasts Renewable Power Providing More Competitive Options
- California-Nevada Bikeway Wins EPA Green Transportation Award
- Report: Improvements at U.S. Data Centers Could Save $3 Billion Yearly
- Hawaii Energy Offers State's First-Ever Energy Efficiency Auction
- Small Towns Achieve Big Savings with Lighting Upgrades
- Government response: New Climate Economy report
- News story: Energy Minister backs buy heating oil early campaign
- Speech: The UK government’s vision for a global climate deal
- Press release: Prosperity and growth hand in hand with carbon reduction
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Paris 2015: Securing our prosperity through a Global Climate Change Agreement
- Speech: Speech to Powering Up!
- News story: Non-domestic RHI events and roadshows
- Speech: Speech to Behave Conference
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 August 2014
- Government response: Response to Sunday Times article on value of homes in areas of shale extraction
- Government response: Response to Sunday Telegraph coverage of constraint payments report
- Press release: Nick Clegg meets Prime Minister Modi in New Delhi
- Press release: Deputy Prime Minister leads first trade delegation to meet new Indian government
- News story: Nick Clegg: India visit
- Press release: World’s biggest tidal array to bring energy and jobs boost to North Scotland
- Moventas to expand footprint in USA by setting up midwest workshop
- Siemens presents onshore innovations at WindEnergy Trade Fair in Hamburg
- Suzlon S88 gets a 7% active-power boost
- Virtual reality from Virtalis lets Vestas shorten development times
- What are the functions of couplings and torque limiters in wind turbines?