California power storage developer Sunverge Energy Inc. said it has partnered with Canadian utility PowerStream Inc. for a pilot program designed to reduce customer energy use during high-demand periods.
SolarCity said it has partnered with SunSpec Alliance and Southern California Edison (SCE) on a smart energy homes demonstration project.
The 29th auction of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) sold about 25.4 million CO2 allowances at a clearing price of $6.02, up 12 cents from a clearing price of $5.50 for RGGI’s last auction in June.
In early July, two bills passed the New York State legislature to provide tax incentives to geothermal heat pump (GHP) installations. These incentives are designed to put GHP installations on equal tax footing with other renewable resources.
When I was sports editor for the college newspaper, I wrote a column that was, I'm sure now a decade removed, far less clever than I thought it was at the time. But since I am 1) pressed for time and 2) devoid of original thought at the moment, I present to you, dear reader, a special reprisal of the Michael Harris Daily Weekly Monthly Occasional Grab Bag of Sports Hydropower Stuff.
Michigan State University (MSU) researchers recently won a $5 million U.S. Department of Energy grant to study how biofuel crops acquire nitrogen.
From pig farms to breweries, Capstone’s microturbines are making full circle cogeneration an economically and environmentally friendly reality for a diversity of industries.
California lawmakers on Friday passed a watered-down version of what state Senate President Kevin de Leon had billed as part of the “most far-reaching effort to fight climate change in the history of our nation.”
The U.K. government rejected a 5.4 billion-pound ($8.3 billion) proposal to build a giant offshore wind farm in Navitus Bay, saying it would harm protected views from a coast designated as a World Heritage Site.
These developments, such as the Clean Power Plan (CPP) seem to be setting up another big boost to the renewable energy market, but they are going to both require and create huge amounts of data: data needed by the states to ensure CPP compliance, and market data on the clean energy deployed to meet the CPP’s goals.
- Energy Department Announces $70 Million for Innovation Institute on Smart Manufacturing
- Energy Department Offers Energy Technical Assistance to Native American Communities
- Energy Department Announces $5 Million for Energy Planning in 11 States
- Energy Department Evaluates the Weatherization Assistance Program
- Energy Department Unveils Roadmap to Double U.S. Energy Productivity by 2030
- Energy Department to Invest $102 Million in Solar Energy
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $55 Million to Advance Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Energy Department Awards $1.8 Million to Develop Wind Turbine Blades
- Energy Department Awards $22 Million to Support Next-Generation Electric Machines for Manufacturing
- Energy Department Releases the Second Quadrennial Technology Review
- Energy Department Announces $11 Million to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Use in Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- Energy Department Awards $6.5 Million to Advance Low-Environmental-Impact Hydropower
- SEIA: U.S. Solar Market Surpasses 20 Gigawatts
- ESIF Delivering on Promise to Strengthen America's Clean Energy Innovation
- Energy Department Offers $6 Million for Native American Clean Energy
- News story: Finance boost to help protect developing countries from climate change
- Press release: Prime Minister urges fellow leaders to back climate change deal
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - September 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 24 September 2015
- News story: EU agrees next steps to tackling climate change
- News story: New gas power station approved in Lincolnshire
- News story: Planning decision for Navitus Bay offshore wind park
- News story: Further action taken to prevent energy bills rising
- News story: Planning decisions for six Powys, Mid-Wales infrastructure projects
- News story: Residents across England win share of £25 million to warm their homes
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- News story: Faster decision making on shale gas for economic growth and energy security
- News story: Minister of State visits Doe Green IGas site
- News story: Offshore wind farm gets the go ahead
- Global Forecast: Solar Installation Capacity To Top 57 GW in 2015
- APS Requesting Proposals for New Large-scale Solar Power Plant
- Biomass EnergyÂ Potential Far from BeingÂ Fully Exploited in China
- India Pledges Clean Energy Push in UN Climate Submission
- Geothermal Fulfilling 1.1 Percent of 2020 Clean Power Goal for Los Angeles