University of Iowa (UI) President Bruce Harreld said this week that the UI campus will be coal-free by 2025, and biomass will be at the heart of the transition to increased renewable energy use.
India’s electricity access challenge is formidable. About 300 million people lack electricity, while an additional 100 million have less than four hours of electricity per day, and possibly several million more suffer from unreliable supply. Population growth and an increase in electricity demand each year could further strain the grid.
A funny thing happened recently: We wrote an article suggesting that a lower cost of capital, driven by increased debt in project finance transactions, would help to mitigate some of the new risk the solar industry faces in 2017. We didn’t anticipate that this would be a particularly controversial viewpoint. After all, paying a lower cost of capital is like paying off old credit card debt. Who could disagree with that?
EnergyAustralia recently briefed the federal government on the potential for a 100-MW pumped storage project in South Australia that uses seawater.
It’s Engineers Week, and DiscoverE — formerly the National Engineers Week Foundation — is celebrating women in engineering today with Girl Day 2017, a campaign to introduce girls to the world of engineering.
Blockchain technology—the technology underpinning the Bitcoin virtual currency—is being discussed as one of the most potentially disruptive technologies since the Internet. Blockchains are a combination of information technology, cryptography, and governance principles that
Indian Cabinet approves US$854.4 million investment for 900-MW Arun 3 hydropower project located in Nepal
India’s Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs announced today it has approved investment for the generation component of the 900-MW Arun 3 hydropower project on Arun River in Sankhuwasabha district of eastern Nepal, for an estimated Rs. 5723.72 crore (US$854.4 million).
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Biting the Biggest Apple: New York’s New Plan to Reward Distributed Energy Resources
- Innovative Aggregation Expands Access to Large-scale Renewables
- Canada Firm Uses Salt, Tesla and Flywheels in Clean Energy Race
- The Wonder Material That May Make Spray-On Solar PV Reality
- Oil Majors Take a Plunge into Offshore Wind