The keynote session at PV America 2015 in Boston, Massachusetts highlighted the great strides solar has made in the past year, but also warned that the progress could all go up flames if the investment tax credit (ITC) is not extended beyond December 31, 2016.
Canada has approved duties on imported Chinese solar equipment, escalating a trade dispute over what importers say are below-cost components, according to the Canada Border Services Agency.
The annual outlook issue of Renewable Energy World magazine is our attempt to predict what will happen within the renewable energy industry over the course of the year. To do this, we went straight to the top of major renewable energy companies, asking CEOs and presidents to tell us where they are devoting their company resources in order to capitalize on some of the market growth that they expect to see in 2015.
Virtually overnight we are starting to see energy-saving LED lighting almost everywhere. Not only was last month's Super Bowl played under LED lights, the new flat panel TVs for watching the game were illuminated by LED backlights, and the lights on the poles in the parking lot outside the sports bar and the streets and highways between there and h
Researchers at the University of Houston have created a new thermoelectric material, intended to generate electric power from waste heat — from a vehicle tailpipe, for example, or an industrial smokestack — with greater efficiency and higher output power than currently available materials.
Many businesses can now perform the traditional functions of an electric utility — provide affordable, reliable, resilient power to homes and businesses. The barriers to entry in the business have fallen. For instance, a home with rooftop solar panels, batteries, and gas-based generators may choose to be grid-independent. Even when homes decide to remain grid-tied, utilities face falling demand and revenue, and the possibility of future grid-defection. Further, competing electricity solutions can emerge quickly, and not one-home-at-a-time — microgrids can offer community, village, or campus-level solutions.
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)'s latest "Electric Power Monthly" report, with data through the end of 2014, net electrical generation from non-hydro renewable energy sources (i.e., biomass, geothermal, solar, wind) increased by 10.9 percent over the previous year.
- Leading by Example on Climate Change: The New Federal Sustainability Plan
- Energy Department Announces $20 Million to Develop Advanced Electric Motors
- Energy Department Selects 11 Tribal Communities to Deploy EERE Technologies
- EPA Announces 70 Top Performing ENERGY STAR-Certified Manufacturing Plants
- Wind Vision: New Report Highlights a Robust Wind Energy Future
- Energy Department Releases New Wind Report, Examines Future of Industry
- New Funding Opportunity to Develop Larger Wind Turbine Blades
- IEA: Global Energy-Related Emissions Steady in 2014
- California Approves $21 Million for Renewable Energy Projects
- California State University, Sacramento, Builds Reflect Home To Showcase Its City
- Energy Department's Race to 7-Day Solar Prize Competition to Speed Solar Deployment
- Energy Department Announces $6 Million to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Vehicle Market Growth
- U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center To Tackle Energy-Water Nexus
- Virginia Tech Selected to Continue Development of Innovative Building Automation System
- Find Energy Incentives Quicker and Easier with DSIRE Open Data and Website
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- News story: Oil industry support set out
- News story: Move your solar panels and keep your tariff
- Statement to Parliament: Government Response to Call for Evidence on how to implement the Wood Review recommendations to maximise economic recovery of oil and gas from the UK Continental Shelf
- Clean Energy Makes Up Record Share of UK Power with Coal-to-Biomass Conversions
- Lifting State Limits on Local Power
- Chart: Every (Solar) Customer Demographic Prefers Email Communications
- Biomass Electricity + Carbon Capture = Carbon-Negative Energy
- Yingli Joins $1 Club as China Solar Sector Continues Consolidation