When Toto pulls back the curtain in the Wizard of Oz to reveal that the Wizard is just a normal man with no special powers the Wizard says: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. In the case of the proposed stock acquisition of SolarCity by Tesla, pulling the curtain would reveal two debt ridden companies with cash flow problems.
In the second half of June, Armenia launched reconnaissance drilling of geothermal wells near Kyarkyar City in the southern part the country, according to a recent statement from Deputy Minister of Energy and Natural Resources of Armenia Hayk Harutyunyan.
With the United Kingdom’s referendum gone to vote, the decision to “Brexit” has come at a critical time. The UK’s debate to leave the European Union is heavily rooted in history, with popular consensus at about an even split. While issues such as immigration, economics and institutional reform are at the heart of the desire to reform, there is uncertainty around what separation could mean for the UK’s clean energy future. However, at a pivotal time where decarbonization is on the forefront of the world’s agenda, making the Brexit could deter the EU from meeting its emission goals.
World Renowned Speakers Descend in Washington DC for ISEE Transforming Economy Conference Hosted by The University of the District of Columbia CAUSES
One of the formative moments in my career was participating in an Energy Department competition called FutureCar — known today as EcoCAR 3 — which challenges students to develop more fuel efficient and sustainable vehicles. Participating in that competition inspired me to pursue a career that addressed the toughest problems in sustainable transportation and clean energy. I’m just one of many who had their professional journeys changed as a result of these competitions.
A little-known Tokyo-based company’s commitment to biomass has made it a darling among investors.
Ontario is going geothermal. The U.S. is shortly behind, and here’s why: Geothermal heat pumps provide the only reasonable solution to heating without combustion. Ontario’s Climate Change Action Plan identifies geothermal 10 times as the go-to heating (and cooling) technology to reach its carbon reduction goals.
Much has been made of the use of natural gas as a bridge to a clean renewable energy economy. The primary argument in support of natural gas is the fact that it is cleaner than coal and can be conveniently and cost-effectively substituted for it in power generation. Although on its face true, the claim should be considered in a real-world context.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Press release: Statement from Greg Clark, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- News story: DECC in the Media blog
- News story: Government announces Capacity Market auction parameters
- Government response: Committee on Climate Change report and government response on the compatibility of UK onshore petroleum with meeting the UK’s carbon budgets
- Press release: Opportunities identified for oil and gas sector workforce
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom speech to Utility Week Energy Summit
- Press release: Business Secretary to chair government group focused on business engagement following referendum
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - June 2016
- News story: Government’s ‘central heating for cities’ scheme to bring energy bills down
- Speech: Amber Rudd speech to the Business & Climate Summit
- Speech: Government’s vision for shale gas in securing home grown energy supplies for the UK
- News story: Greater security for North Sea Oil and Gas as Energy Bill becomes law
- Press release: New Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- News story: Head of Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons announced
- News story: Securing the UK’s electricity supply
- Efficiency and Renewable Energy are the Only Future We Can Afford
- Enel, Partner Win License to Explore Geothermal Resources in Lampung, Indonesia
- Microgrids: The Electric BTM Line
- Energy from Offshore: Engineering Firm Transitions Expertise from Offshore Oil to Offshore Wind
- New Power Plant Featuring Enhanced Geothermal System Tech Inaugurated in France