SPAIN: Gamesa's prototype of its first 2.5MW turbine has started producing power at its test site in Alaiz, northern Spain.
UK: JDR Cables has won the contract from E.on to supply inter array cables for its 400MW Rampion offshore project on the south coast.
TURKEY: Nordex has been awarded orders totalling 55MW from ARE Elektrik and Suay Enerji Uretim to supply turbines to two projects in Turkey.
NETHERLANDS: Van Oord's new installation jack-up vessel Aeolus has completed its first commission by installing foundations and turbines at the 129MW Eneco Luchterduinen project.
Third Way, a think tank that says it “answers America’s challenges with modern ideas aimed at the center,” said this week that venture capital is flowing into nuclear power start ups in the United States in sizable numbers. While venture capital for solar and wind power, hydro-fracking...(read more)
A long list of political and business officials attended a signing ceremony at the Barakah nuclear power plant construction site on Wednesday, marking the installation of the second reactor vessel at what will be the first nuclear power plant in the Middle East. The signing ceremony did not involve...(read more)
DENMARK: Dong Energy has secured an ISO certification for its offshore operations, maintenance services.
Statement by Secretary of State Amber Rudd on ending new subsidies for onshore wind.
UK: The Renewables Obligation (RO) onshore wind subsidy will be closed in 2016 under plans released by the Department of energy and climate change (Decc).
News story: Changes to onshore wind subsidies protect investment and get the best deal for bill payers
The Government intends to end new public subsidies for onshore wind farms by legislating to close the Renewables Obligation across Great Britain to new onshore wind generating stations from 1 April 2016.
--Press Release-- San Diego, California – Diakont, a leading provider of high-tech solutions for the nuclear industry, has developed an innovative approach for providing high resolution inspections of Torus coatings within BWR nuclear power plants using remotely operated underwater vehicles...(read more)
DENMARK: MHI-Vestas has signed a deal with European Energy to install two V164-8MW turbines at a site in southern Denmark.
SPAIN: Asset management company SwissEnergy has acquired MTOI Wind Turbines from Egyptian developer Elsewedy Electric for an undisclosed fee.
How is the U.S. nuclear power industry reacting to the on-the-ground events that occurred in March 2011 at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan? As is well known, the 9.0-magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami event at the plant that breached protective barriers knocked out the...(read more)
Written Ministerial Statement by Andrea Leadsom, Minister of State.
For the first time in South Korea, the country’s nuclear power plant operator Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Company said it would decommission one of its nuclear reactors, starting with the oldest plant in the country. Reports say that the government wants to use the Kori No. 1 pressurized...(read more)
FRANCE: Ideol and Hitachi Zosen have signed a engineering deal for its Floatgen platform, following the partnership agreement in March.
The Energy Department announced up to $2 million in funding to support aggregate purchasing models for plug-in electric and other alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles.
The Energy Department and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development recognized the Denver Housing Authority and the cities of Denver and Arvada, Colorado, for their leadership in the Better Buildings Challenge.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced that it is investing $6.7 million in 544 renewable energy and energy efficiency projects nationwide.
- Energy Department Awards $18 Million to Develop Algae Bioproducts and Biofuels
- Solar Decathlon 2015: Nation’s Leading Sustainable Home Design Competition on the Horizon
- Yale University Seeks an Open Approach in Y-House
- Meet a 91-Year-Old NREL Wind Energy Pioneer
- Innovative Wave Power Device Starts Producing Clean Power in Hawaii
- New National Labs Pilot Opens Doors to Small Businesses
- NREL Partnerships to Help the Grid Accommodate More Renewable Energy
- Record-Breaking Solar Flight Reaches Hawaii, Will Remain for Repairs
- Carbon Fiber Technology Facility Set To Scale Up Industry
- U.S. Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use by 60%
- New Analysis Center Releases First Report, Evaluates Opportunities in EV Battery Market
- Report: Global Renewable Energy Capacity Grows 8.5% in 2014
- Southeast Regional Summit to Convene Clean Energy Manufacturing Leaders on July 9
- ENN on Holiday Hiatus Next Week
- ARPA-E Announces 18 New Residential Heat and Bioenergy Crop Projects
- Press release: New offshore oil and gas exploration licences awarded
- News story: Combatting climate change: a vital safety net for families and businesses
- Speech: Secretary of State speech on Climate Change
- Press release: Green Deal Finance Company funding to end
- News story: Two new gas power stations given green light
- Statement to Parliament: Levy Control Framework cost controls
- Press release: Controlling the cost of renewable energy
- News story: Preesall underground gas storage facility receives planning consent
- News story: Government defines Protected Areas for shale developments
- News story: National Grid winter outlook report
- News story: Energy Bill to support energy security
- News story: Green Growth Group Statement: EU ETS Phase IV
- Government response: Secretary of State response to the CMA's provisional findings
- Statement to Parliament: Renewable Heat Incentive: Amendement regulations 2015
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom’s Speech to the Nuclear Industry Association