Development-ready sites, with existing reservoirs for new pumped hydro energy storage plants, offer generation potential of 2,291 GWh, according to a newly released report from the eStorage Project.
On April 29, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) announced the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for Eagle Take Permits (ETP) for the Chokecherry and Sierra Madre (CCSMP) Phase I wind energy project in Carbon County, Wyo. The project, which would affect over 4,000 acres, with 500 turbines, would be one of the world’s largest energy projects.
March and April were months of recovery for the broad market and for clean energy income stocks, but most clean energy stocks failed to participate in the rally. By design, my Ten Clean Energy Stocks for 2016 model portfolio is heavily weighted towards income, recovering 9 percent in March and 6 percent in April so that it is now back in the black, up 0.8 percent year to date.
Solar industry associations in the U.S. and Europe have launched campaigns to celebrate regional milestones in solar installations.
Lawmakers in Massachusetts are drafting a bill that would jump-start the offshore wind industry in the U.S., helping trigger a $10 billion building spree off the Atlantic coast.
Iceland-based geothermal developer HS Orka recently signed a contract for drilling of an approximately three-mile, high-temperature well at the Reykjanes geothermal field on the southern peninsula of Iceland.
To Steve Yates, the best thing about his new Tesla Powerwall is that he doesn’t have to worry anymore about the lights going out during a storm. Or maybe it’s how cool an addition it is to the entryway of his house in Monkton, Vermont.
Two green energy stories were in the headlines last week, spotlighting China’s drive to become a global leader in the new technology and also the right and wrong ways to achieve that aim. An item involving US electric vehicle (EV) powerhouse Tesla (Nasdaq: TSL) represented the right approach, with reports that the company might near a deal with Beijing to build a manufacturing plant in China.
Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda will commence trade of 15 MW of power from the Olkaria Geothermal power plant beginning in May.
In a move that appeared inevitable for months, commercial-scale solar pioneer SunEdison filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on April 21. The news grabbed clean-tech industry and general business headlines for sure, but I’ve been struck by how little splash it’s made in the broader realm of national attention, particularly politics. The contrast with the partisan uproar that immediately arose after the 2011 bankruptcy of solar startup Solyndra could not be more striking.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Speech: Government’s vision for shale gas in securing home grown energy supplies for the UK
- News story: Greater security for North Sea Oil and Gas as Energy Bill becomes law
- Press release: New Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- News story: Head of Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons announced
- News story: Securing the UK’s electricity supply
- Speech: Realising the vision for a new fleet of nuclear power stations
- Speech: HM Treasury analysis on the EU referendum: George Osborne's speech
- News story: Amber Rudd statement on the death of Sir David MacKay
- Press release: UK, US and EU sign landmark deal to turn nuclear material into cancer-fighting treatment
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2016
- Press release: Electric shock of Brexit could see UK energy costs rocket by half a billion pounds
- Speech: Amber Rudd’s speech on the energy benefits of staying in the EU
- News story: 5 reasons why we are backing Hinkley Point C
- News story: Biggest ever investigation into energy market builds on what government is doing to keep bills down
- News story: New Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Defence
- Enel starts production at its largest PV solar power plant in Chile
- US Energy Department Withdraws Funding for Virginia Offshore Wind Project
- Toshiba Wins Generator Contract for Geothermal Project in Turkey
- California Regulators Direct Southern California Edison to Expedite Call for Energy Storage
- Southern US States Lead Growth in Biomass Electricity Generation