Trina Solar Ltd., the world’s biggest solar manufacturer, reported a sharp increase in first-quarter profit and said it expects shipments to increase in 2016 even as demand in China slows in the second half.
Job growth in renewable energies is bucking the trends across the global energy sector, Adnan Amin, director-general for the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), said on May 25.
Seldom in industrial evolution do momentous changes occur rapidly, especially in industries like electricity that have been stable for decades. In electricity, we are at the brink of just such an inflection point. For students of industrial mutation, this is ‘whoopee’ time. Curiously, business schools and the economics profession appear to ignore the tectonic shifts.
Whirlpool Corporation announced plans to build wind power turbines to help power its Marion and Ottawa plants in Ohio, a $13.5 million total investment that will build upon the company's 46 year commitment to advances in sustainable manufacturing.
The Big Question: What Opportunities Exist for Technology Transfer from Offshore Oil and Gas to the Offshore Wind Industry?
The parallels between offshore oil and wind are plenty. Each technology requires anchoring heavy equipment to the seabed or figuring out how to stabilize it through flotation.
Italian construction and civil engineering firm Salini Impregilo has been awarded a US$2.8 billion contract to build the 2,200-MW Koysha hydropower plant in Ethiopia.
A solar power project in Australia’s largest grape growing region is giving struggling vignerons a sunny alternative.
China is expected to add new solar PV installation capacity of more than 19 GW this year, bringing the total PV installation capacity to above 60 GW, outperforming Germany to become the world’s largest country in terms of the aggregate PV installation capacity.
AGL Energy Ltd. plans to announce a program within a few months to roll out about 1,000 energy storage systems for Australian homes with rooftop solar panels amid forecasts that falling prices will stimulate demand.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Speech: Government’s vision for shale gas in securing home grown energy supplies for the UK
- News story: Greater security for North Sea Oil and Gas as Energy Bill becomes law
- Press release: New Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- News story: Head of Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons announced
- News story: Securing the UK’s electricity supply
- Speech: Realising the vision for a new fleet of nuclear power stations
- Speech: HM Treasury analysis on the EU referendum: George Osborne's speech
- News story: Amber Rudd statement on the death of Sir David MacKay
- Press release: UK, US and EU sign landmark deal to turn nuclear material into cancer-fighting treatment
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2016
- Press release: Electric shock of Brexit could see UK energy costs rocket by half a billion pounds
- Speech: Amber Rudd’s speech on the energy benefits of staying in the EU
- News story: 5 reasons why we are backing Hinkley Point C
- News story: Biggest ever investigation into energy market builds on what government is doing to keep bills down
- News story: New Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Defence
- Cleantech University Prize Highlights Next Generation of Clean Energy Innovators
- Tokyo Firm Taps Biomass in Japan for Market-Leading Gains
- How Canada Went Geothermal, and How the US Will, Too
- UK’s Renewable Energy Future Vulnerable Following Vote to Exit EU
- Natural Gas: Bridge or Barrier to a Clean Energy Future?