Africa is set to open its first ever-geothermal energy research centre at the Dedan Kimathi University of Science and Technology (DeKUT) in Kenya. As interest in the African geothermal market grows, the region is now focused on building a strong workforce to spur exploration and development of the increasingly important source of renewable energy.
The world’s first solar bike lane is soon to be available for use in the Netherlands! The bike path that connects the Amsterdam suburbs of Krommenie and Wormerveer is a 70-meter stretch of solar-powered roadway set to open for the public this week.
Construction work on two of Turkey’s biggest dam projects has ground to a halt, as the country pays a price for simmering tensions between Kurdish rebels and the government.
LCOE — levelized cost of electricity — is an unstandardized model used by governments, companies, consultants and others to make an economic assessment of the cost of generating electricity from a specific source. LCOE models are often filled with assumptions (what people believe) instead of field data and even when field data is used, the forecasts generated are based on assumptions (beliefs) that typically skew towards the amorphous phrase: grid parity.
The wind turbine on the University of Delaware’s Hugh R. Sharp Campus in Lewes has yielded many benefits in its first four years of operation, including generating clean energy for the campus and community, helping train students in turbine maintenance, testing new equipment, and supporting research studies.
- DOI to Auction 742,000 Acres Offshore Massachusetts for Wind Energy
- New Partnership to Help Bring Clean Cooking to 100 Million Households by 2020
- IEA Report: Global Outlook Positive for Renewable Energy Sources through 2040
- Tampa Bay Designated as the Newest Clean Cities Coalition
- Survey Says: Workplace Charging is Growing in Popularity and Impact
- Energy Department Awards $425 Million for Next-Generation Supercomputing
- Energy Department Offers $5 Million for Residential Energy Efficiency, Partnerships
- DOI First Right-of-Way for Renewable Energy Transmission in Federal Waters
- New York Announces $206 Million in Awards for New Renewable Energy Projects
- 10 Facts to Know About Data Centers
- Energy Department and EPA Release 2015 Fuel Economy Guide
- Energy Department Recognizes Cummins for Deep Energy Retrofit
- NREL, Army Validate Energy Savings for Net-Zero Energy Installations
- IEA Wind 2013 Annual Report Released
- Sparking Clean Energy Interest from Students in Washington
- Press release: Cutting edge low carbon energy projects get £5 million funding boost
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 27 November 2014
- Speech: Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme Roadshow
- News story: The bottom line for business: save energy, save money.
- Speech: Address to the Tidal Energy Summit
- News story: Moving? Your solar can move with you
- Press release: Public want urgent global action to tackle climate change
- News story: Leading offshore wind suppliers invest in TAG Energy facility in Teesside
- Press release: UK pledges to help hardest hit by climate change
- News story: Energy efficiency in rural homes increases by almost 3000% in six months
- Press release: Taking pollution out of our power stations
- Speech: Speech at the Europe-Canada Energy Summit
- News story: #BackClimateAction tweetathon
- Speech: Energy Priorities
- Press release: Communities can create their own power stations